Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorYAFFP
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009 edited

Sean with his tie caught in the Orbo being strangled.
    Steorn are apparently holding a public demo before the end of the year. What would you see as a convincing demo?
    Posted By: mensorSean showing a PMM with no wires/batteries/capacitors spinning for 5+ hours.

What, for example, something that looks like this?

How would you know it's a PMM?
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2009

Putting my fingers in the nail holes in Sean's hands
    • CommentAuthormensor

Sean showing a PMM with no wires/batteries/capacitors spinning in a public setting for 5+ hours.

For some this may still not be 100% definitive - but I'd go with this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: loremanPutting my fingers in the nail holes in Sean's hands

WIN
    • CommentAuthorYAFFP

jeez you guys are a tough audience

"Sean with his tie caught in the Orbo being strangled"!

Is that not a funny picture to imagine?
    Posted By: legendreA showing of 'working' devices, perhaps with input & output power measurements, followed up by credible 3rd party examination, replication of energy measurements, calorimetry, etc.

That would convince me.

Why bother with the public demo if you have 3rd party verification? Why not just sell the 'technology'?

(is the server in a different time zone from me or something? Why the time traveling posts?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

A showing of 'working' devices, perhaps with input & output power measurements, followed up by credible 3rd party examination, replication of energy measurements, calorimetry, etc.

That would convince me.

ETA: This assumes a demonstration of the EM tech.. PM would be another matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvideoguy

Posted By: legendreA showing of 'working' devices, perhaps with input & output power measurements, followed up by credible 3rd party examination, replication of energy measurements, calorimetry, etc.

ETA: This assumes a demonstration of the EM tech.. PM would be another matter.

ditto
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

@hairy

Yeah, wow, this thread is really fluxxed up.

As to "why have the demo", that's quite obvious. It's a publicity stunt, designed to draw attention and controversy. As it stands, Steorn is very close to totally unknown, anywhere outside of the circles in which we travel.

ETA: Such a demo would never convince any skeptics, it might only serve to rile them..
    • CommentAuthorspinner

Posted By: mensorSean showing a PMM with no wires/batteries/capacitors spinning for 5+ hours.

That's about all...
    Although they must spun it without ANY external power for much longer....
    Blaker got 8 hours, and Al +7 hours...
    So, it has to spinn longer?
    Like 4 weeks... Ah, that was in 2006....

8 weeks, and counting... It's about time that someone beats Bessler.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam

A convincing demo would be an inexplicable time anomaly that violates causality!

What if it turns out that Orbo draws its power from THE FUTURE! Then how about if pcstru and Sean are one and the same person! And this Moletrap forum is actually a honey pot set up to make fools of the skeptics when it is revealed that it is running on Orbo power! But, now things are falling apart as the time loop caused by drawing power from the future is closing in on itself.

By the way, the upcoming demo will actually BE the Kinetica demo. It worked perfectly back then, but as a side effect all of the Orbos were sent years ahead into the future.

Oops, got to go. Time for my meds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvideoguy

Posted By: NoSideSam
    By the way, the upcoming demo will actually BE the Kinetica demo. It worked perfectly back then, but as a side effect all of the Orbos were sent years ahead into the future.

This explains all the time shifting going on in the posts in here...
    Posted By: legendre@hairy

As to "why have the demo", that's quite obvious. It's a publicity stunt, designed to draw attention and controversy. As it stands, Steorn is very close to totally unknown, anywhere outside of the circles in which we travel.

I could almost buy that if they were flogging a consumer product. Unfortunately they've always emphatically claimed that instead they want to sell the technology to a manufacturer. Show up at a electronics manufacturer with a box that generates power and a report from a credible engineering company that says it does it forever and you don't need a public demo. The world's full of whackos who've 'publicly demonstrated' their free energy machines.
    Obviously a convincing demo is one that garners more ‘investors’.

A demo that is convincing to all who see it, is another matter.
    • CommentAuthorblorn

@legendre

[quote][cite]Posted By: legendre[/cite]@hairy

ETA: Such a demo would never convince any skeptics, it might only serve to rile them..[/quote]

Yes I also think like this and don't understand why some people have problem with their approach? If you assume for a second that they have what they claim, than really all this stunts can only have benefit for them even the failed Kinetica demo in some twisted sense, more than not doing it. Don't see the problem with their approach.
    • CommentAuthorblorn

[quote][cite]Posted By: hairykrishna[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: legendre[/cite]@hairy

As to "why have the demo", that's quite obvious. It's a publicity stunt, designed to draw attention and controversy. As it stands, Steorn is very close to totally unknown, anywhere outside of the circles in which we travel.[/quote]

I could almost buy that if they were flogging a consumer product. Unfortunately they've always emphatically claimed that instead they want to sell the technology to a manufacturer. Show up at a electronics manufacturer with a box that generates power and a report from a credible engineering company that says it does it forever and you don't need a public demo. The world's full of whackos who've 'publicly demonstrated' their free energy machines.[/quote]

Sorry I don't agree that this would be good approach. I wouldn't do it that way. Thing is, if they have what they claim then you want to make sure that you create brand for yourself before unleashing this beast. Because it's just a matter of time when you will get competition.
    Posted By: blorn
    Sorry I don't agree that this would be good approach. I wouldn't do it that way. Thing is, if they have what they claim then you want to make sure that you create brand for yourself before unleashing this beast. Because it's just a matter of time when you will get competition.

You don't think that bringing the greatest invention in the history of man to market would create a brand for them?
    • CommentAuthorblorn

@hairykrishna

It would to some degree but certainly more to the manufacturer then to them.