Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009 edited

Posted By: my_pen_is_stuck Sorry, no inside info...
    That’s too bad. Well in that case I’ll revise my guess. Perhaps they are planning another failure, like Kinetica. They could have leaned from the original and decided to make this new failure work out better for them.

Maybe Steorn leaked the original nightime video of the new ad projected on a building. It turned out that the ad was unreadable so they then had to leak the actual ad on youtube for a while. This could have been an intentional leak of an ad taunting skeptics, meant to bolster the faith of believers and investors. They will need all the faith then can get in the wake of another demo failure or a non-demo launch.

Instead of holding the demo at a known time and place in the summer, when many people could attend in person, the new demo is at an undisclosed time/place and scheduled close to the holidays. This keeps Sean from having to face embarrassing questions in person.

I’m still not sure if all this is meant to avoid prosecution for fraud, raise further investment cash, or both.
    Unless it's a christmas movie, launching something at this time of the year is ridiculous. Then again, both Santa and OU are fantasy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcouldbe
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2009

Posted By: NoSideSamInstead of holding the demo at a known time and place in the summer, when many people could attend in person, the new demo is at an undisclosed time/place and scheduled close to the holidays. This keeps Sean from having to face embarrassing questions in person.

I’m still not sure if all this is meant to avoid prosecution for fraud, raise further investment cash, or both.
    Well, the Japs scheduled Pearl Harbor for December 7, which is getting close to the Christmas holidays, so I don't think a big event has to avoid certain days or times of the year. If the event is important enough, any time, any place will do.

Watching the fallout from the world-changing Orbo demo will certainly make my Christmas more enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNoSideSam

Posted By: couldbeWatching the fallout from the world-changing Orbo demo will certainly make my Christmas more enjoyable.
    Well, I don’t expect it to be world changing, but I do expect to be entertained. (I am easily amused.)
    Posted By: Citizen WolfUnless it's a christmas movie, launching something at this time of the year is ridiculous. Then again, both Santa and OU are fantasy.

Maybe Orbo is powered by the same forces that keep Santa's reindeers in the air?
    @1stMan
    Ha, you could be onto something there. Maybe Sean is like Will Ferrell in that movie a couple of years ago called Elf, about a human that was adopted by Santa and lived amongst the elves. Maybe after years of working in Santa's workshop Sean spotted a way to cash in on the magic of the Santa sled. I hope he has a good supply of elf/pixie dust for the launch.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrimer

Posted By: firstmanonthesun
    Posted By: Citizen WolfUnless it's a Christmas movie, launching something at this time of the year is ridiculous. Then again, both Santa and OU are fantasy.

Maybe Orbo is powered by the same forces that keep Santa's reindeer in the air?
    If you see the electron clouds around atoms as symbols of Santa's reindeer then yes, maybe it is.