Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNot remotely funny.

I think my questions are piquant.

If you refer to my comment about your proposals constituting "looking", I was not being funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

OTOH...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

OTFH.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

OOOF
    Then there's the question of the two sides of the superposition being in different regions of potential of any sort. That's probably how they build a wormhole time machine universe skipper in the 25th century
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew

A question for those of you who have a better understanding of quantum physics than I (most of you). How good a layman's explanation of certain quantum physics concepts is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKlpexL_Hg

Watching this is the closest I've come to feeling like I get all the hubbub about how certain quantum phenomenon are incomprehensible or nonsensical. I'm just checking with you guys in case Joe made a significant error. It's happened before.
    I saw it last week and don't recall any alarm bells going off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2019

It's OK. I wasn't thrilled about his discussion of what measurement means, and I thought he glossed over the resurgence of the pilot wave idea, but hey- what can you do in a few minutes?
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2019

I didn't bother listening to the pilot wave stuff. I just wanted to make sure I wan't being misled somehow. Thanks guys.
    Seems like it's either S.O.S. or To Boldly Go....
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2019

IN SURPRISE BREAKTHROUGH, SCIENTISTS CREATE QUANTUM STATES IN EVERYDAY ELECTRONICS.

https://revolution-green.com/surprise-breakthrough-scientists-create-quantum-states-everyday-electronics/
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2019

Phonon heat transfer across a vacuum through quantum fluctuations.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1800-4
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2019

Scientists cooled LEGOs to nearly absolute zero—and hope to one day incorporate a LEGO-style material into a quantum computer.
    ref
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2020 edited

I heard the strangest thing on NPR today. Is this true? There is a phone app that splits the universe. You formulate an either-or kind of 2-valued proposition, tell the app, and it communicates with CERN or somebody who has a single-photon-mirror kind of experiment and lets one fly. The Many-Worlds theory says the photon exists in some superimposed state where it goes both ways, until it is observed, when it is found in a single location (either, or or). And the phone app reports the result to you. This action splits the universe according to Many-Worlds. One universe contains you and "either", and the other universe contains you and "or".

I can't remember the name of the app. The example they used was either "shave my beard tonight" or "don't shave".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2020

It's called "Alea"
    I expected at least a palindrome
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That would be dicey.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez