Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2020

Quantum entanglement realized between distant large objects.

https://revolution-green.com/quantum-entanglement-realized-distant-large-objects/
    Realised.

At its most pernicious between mothers-in-law.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It can't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2020 edited

You have a bomb on Mars that can be exploded by six different entangled quantum items switching there entanglements within one micro second, Mars is twenty light minutes away you detonate the bomb by changing your entangled items by pressing a button.

Twenty minutes later you see the flash, had you sent a radio signal you would have seen the flash in forty minutes.

A stellar probe is ten light years away, it detects intelligent life so it sends a coded message by switching entanglements at a specific time, like the Romans used to use thousands of years ago.

So you know that information tens years before a radio beam could have told you.

And yet information can't travel faster than light???
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The Romans used to use flags in the daytime and lights (fire) at night.

Different forts in sight of each other could exchange urgent messages by using the time difference between signals, a small time gap might signal, help we are under attack, a longer one might mean have seen enemy heading in your direction, a longer one might mean, Centurion is on his way to you for a surprise expection.

It was limited to about ten messages
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Trimchanging your entangled items by pressing a button.

That's not how it goes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

I told you not to eat the amanita muscaria.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I never eat mushrooms unless they came from the grocery store. I find reality to be quite bizarre enough for my entertainment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Good. That was @Trim anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Posted By: Angus
    Posted By: Trimchanging your entangled items by pressing a button.

That's not how it goes.

So how do change an entangled state?

Positive becomes negative and vice versa, if you can change one you can change ten, how ever far away they are.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusI never eat mushrooms unless they came from the grocery store. I find reality to be quite bizarre enough for my entertainment.

There are a few wild mushrooms that I eat (when we're not in a drought). They're distinctive and it's easy to verify via spore prints. Chanterelles and "fried chicken mushrooms" are particularly good eating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimSo how do change an entangled state?

Decoherence would do it. But you can't tell it has been changed unless you have information from the other half, and that information travels at the usual speed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I thought they were always opposite to each other?

So if one switches the other one does as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The only way to tell if two things are always in opposite states is to look at both of them. Absent any way to know if two separated quantum objects are (or remain) entangled, how are you going to use their possible entanglement to transmit anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Assumption.

Enough particles sending the same code would increase the accuracy of the assumption.

If you have 50/50 that the cat is dead the poor cat only has a 50% chance of being alive but if you set it up so that the cats odds are a million to one that it will be alive you can assume that it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Indeed. But no faster than light.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Thought or assumption can beat light in a way, knowing that a bomb would explode with a chance of a million to one in ten years and two days you can assume after ten years you should leave the area, pronto.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A guess, assumption, wish, fear or quiet longing is not information. They can go as fast as you want. A probability estimate about something is information and goes by parcel post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2020