Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Contact is an illusion
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2020

Major advance in screen technology by coating quantum dot material in saltwater

https://revolution-green.com/major-advance-screen-technology-coating-quantum-dot-material-saltwater/
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2020

A Quantum Battery That Never Runs Out - YouTube

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fM4e0cx5zU&t=46s
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I'm sure you will welcome such an astounding breakthrough.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Everything is quanon.
    It's bollocks
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

What perpetual energy is bollocks??

What about the expanding and contracting universe?
    You have nothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

You have no idea how sorry I am:

Quantum, quantum, quantum.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2020 edited

You know, I’ve been thinking about the “inviolable” first assumption that experimenters can choose which measurement to perform. Why is that inviolable? What constitutes a “choice” is a very complex question, involving myriad variables (I can think of many such as mood, colour of the walls, temperature, what the experimenter had for breakfast and their consequent insulin levels, whether they have subconscious bias towards particular measurements, race, colour, creed, butterfly wings on the other side of the universe and so on ad infinitem). So if the assumption that experimenters can choose which measurement to perform is inviolable, the whole shebang is a house of cards.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2020

Isn’t the only inviolable thing this: “In this thought experiment there is always an outcome”?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Even that is not certain.
    In your proposition, does the set of outcomes include the possibility of no outcome?

Asking for a dead friend Bertrand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

He's at the barber.
    Posted By: loremanYou know, I’ve been thinking about the “inviolable” first assumption that experimenters can choose which measurement to perform.
    Physicists refer to this assumption as "Non-superdeterminism", for obvious reasons.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: AngusEven that is not certain.

It seems to be to those running the thought experiment. Perhaps the only inviolability is “This is a gedankenexperiment”.
    It is it is what it is, isn't it.
    I can still recall with a wince that razor rash I got after reading Lyall Watson's Supernature.