Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013

Posted By: joshsEven better view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8dFo8jMh_s
    Hilarious!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

I thought that you would enjoy it. The investors were dumbfounded and Jeremy was clueless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013 edited

I could not stop laughing. Mrs. E-man came downstairs, thought I had snapped.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Why are your arms wet?
    Because they have water on them.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2013 edited

Stunning!

You know how the water got there? It was from riding around in the drycleanotron transformer he invented.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Very funny, really did lol!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013 edited

Posted By: joshsI thought that you would enjoy it. The investors were dumbfounded and Jeremy was clueless.

A bit of the joke you might have missed was the name of the car - the P45. This is tax form you get in the UK when your employment is terminated.
    • CommentAuthorlicojet
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2013

Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: joshsI thought that you would enjoy it. The investors were dumbfounded and Jeremy was clueless.

A bit of the joke you might have missed was the name of the car - the P45. This is tax form you get in the UK when your employment is terminated.

I think it's more to do with the P45 isopon filler used during manufacture
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

• CommentAuthorjoshs

You're right. But why are your arms wet?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013 edited

Meanwhile, the Tesla sedan doesn't seem to do the advertised range OR some reporter is an idiot... not sure which:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/12/tesla_vs_media_again/

I saw one these in a Tesla showroom recently, not sure if it was a production or a show car. Finish was gorgeous. The shape is nice but so raked back, it looks a bit cramped and as usual in new cars, your forward view is sharply limited by huge and intrusive side posts supporting the very sloped back windshield. Other than that, the 17" glass instrument panel was spectacular but I can't imagine having to learn it and remember it -- especially in bad weather when I had to think of other things. All the "by wire" stuff and software switches would make me exceedingly nervous. Not surprising, when the test car shut down because of dwindling power, even the emergency brake could not be released. An emergency brake by wire? That makes sense?

Anyway, it's foxy but no way would I buy one. And that's before we even get to the need to recharge the car at special and still rare way stations or run out of power.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013

MY do you know that if the battery dies, the car turns into a brick? In the meantime Tesla leave the computers running 24/7 because of the "immense battery capacity".

The car is gorgeous. Many people are delighted with it. And I still have February 2014 as the date by which Tesla ceases to be an independent company out of bankruptcy protection. Are there any takers on other dates?
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: joshs But why are your arms wet?

Jeremy Clarkson can be a complete prick, but he can also be very droll. This was an example of the latter. The wet arms thing is just great, I'm still intrigued as to why....
    He dropped the keys to the P45 in the toilet just before coming onstage.

Seriously.... is that fellow something of a recurring comedy foil on that show? One of the Dragons said something that seemed to indicate he'd been on before with other ideas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

You don't know Top Gear in the USA?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2013 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinSeriously.... is that fellow something of a recurring comedy foil on that show? One of the Dragons said something that seemed to indicate he'd been on before with other ideas.
    Clarkson is the well known (in the UK) host of a very successful show called Top Gear in the UK. He is a bit obnoxious, but he can be quite funny as well. He was appearing on Dragons' Den for the lulz.
    Posted By: maryyugoMeanwhile, the Tesla sedan doesn't seem to do...

Yes, it certainly "won't" do for the emergency brake to be unreleasable from outside in an emergency like needing a tow.
    Did the designers leave off the "APU" socket? Heck, even my old Ag-wagon had one of those. If the battery was dead I could start it by plugging in the APU cable and jumping it with a car battery. Surely even a bricked Tesla needs some way to apply external power in the field to actuate essential systems like the brakes and the door locks and the gps-elt beacon and whatnot. It's just stupid to find yourself locked out, wallet and motel key inside the car, with no way to get in except breaking a window.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: joshsBut why are your arms wet?

Jeremy Clarkson can be a complete prick, but he can also be very droll. This was an example of the latter. The wet arms thing is just great, I'm still intrigued as to why....

Because his arms are outside of the cockpit when driving.
    Posted By: AngusYou don't know Top Gear in the USA?

No, not me.

Posted By: Duracell
    Posted By: alsetalokinSeriously.... is that fellow something of a recurring comedy foil on that show? One of the Dragons said something that seemed to indicate he'd been on before with other ideas.
    Clarkson is the well known (in the UK) host of a very successful show called Top Gear in the UK. He is a bit obnoxious, but he can be quite funny as well. He was appearing on Dragons' Den for the lulz.

Ah... OK now it makes sense. Thanks. It was a hilarious skit, and I couldn't quite believe it was a legit applicant.