Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorenginerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013

Posted By: alsetalokin
    I was given battery-conservation advice at that time (turn off the cruise control; alternately slow down and speed up to take advantage of regenerative braking) that was later contradicted by other Tesla personnel.

I sure hope so.

Sounds like advice from Omnibus or some other SMOT peddler.
    That's one.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: alsetalokinLook. It's really very simple. If I drive YOUR car and it screws up, it's obviously the fault of YOUR car, not my driving. But if you drive MY car and it screws up, it's obviously the fault of YOUR driving, not my car.
    Got it?
    And if you use my inept technical support???
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Your fault unless it works, then it's my superefficient customer relations.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013

"Its not a bug, its a feature"
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

I've been on the wrong end of a journalist twice. Once at a trade show I was asked questions by someone who turned out to be a journalist with a set agenda. They ignored my answers totally and wrote what ever they wanted. Second time my boss agreed to allow a journalist into the company to see how we developed products. What the journalist wrote bore no resemblence to reality. My boss later appologised to the team for his error. I will never again agree to be interviewed by a journalist.

I'm not at all surprised at the article the journalist wrote about the car. They write what they think the public want to hear...and currently the public think all electric cars are rubbish. There wouldn't have been an article if it all went smoothly.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Broder's account says the who and when at Tesla support who gave him the instructions he says that he followed and that he claims the published vehicle logs confirm.

Knowing something about both batteries and a common attitude of in Silicon Valley: "We can do no wrong." I am disposed much more towards Broder's slant than Musk's. If Tesla had been on the ball, they would have had someone they knew was on the ball monitoring his trip end to end. After all, they set it up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man

Posted By: cwattersThey ignored my answers totally and wrote what ever they wanted.

My sister-in-law said something similar about the society page write up for her wedding.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Posted By: E-Man
    Posted By: cwattersThey ignored my answers totally and wrote what ever they wanted.

My sister-in-law said something similar about the society page write up for her wedding.

I believe this is what we now call journalism.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013 edited

• CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Maybe Zenn should buy them.
    Posted By: aber0derTG

MY's dreams come true?

What version of Windows does it run?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: aber0derTG

MY's dreams come true?
    Damn that's ooglie. It's so hideous, it's own mother would destroy it.
    Now, an all-electric version of the Ariel Atom might get my interest
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

0–96.56 km/h (0-60 mph) 2.9 seconds.
    Fuck me sideways.

Looks like it's not on sale yet. Thanks a lot for the link. Now I'm off to look for videos of this little monster.
    I doubt Top Gear will touch it - they're not very electric.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman0–96.56 km/h (0-60 mph) 2.9 seconds.
    Fuck me sideways.

Almost as fast as a fairly average motorbike.

(that's a real motorbike - not one of those sliced down the middle agricultural tractors things the USA'ians like to think are motorbikes).
    And here's an electric bike (somewhat dated now). It does 0-60 in less than 1 second.
    That's about 3 gees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2JkMCzjTVE