Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

And the Ariel Atom V8 is probably a tad quicker than the Wrightspeed; but far less efficient.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiWhWpzFQQ

I love the quote at the end
    "Look how this cottage industry supercar mocks the conceited empires. Ha Hah!"
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013

10 "cars of the future", most so ugly and/or impractical, I'd rather ride a horse. The weirdest? Probably from Toyota:

Toyota Fun Vii Concept
    A vehicle that departs the most radically from today's cars, this three-seater has a "blank slate" exterior that can be changed, based on the owner's preferences, with a simple download of a phone app or by uploading an image to Facebook. A 3D female "navigation concierge" pops out of the dashboard to assist the driver. It's so versatile it can operate as its own video game console.

Maybe Trim can find a personal application for the 3-D "female navigation concierge".

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/08/24/The-10-Most-Incredible-Cars-of-the-Future.aspx#page1
    I suspect a pun on "Hum Vee" with a tip o' the hat to Wii
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

Tesla Motors battery swap demo last night: http://www.teslamotors.com/batteryswap

Is he really going to give away battery charging?

Musk does not cease to blow my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013

@Skrewy

Free or quick, how much?

That reminds me about my conviction that the Sinclair C5 three wheeler electric vehicle would have an extra thick wheel like a 'steam roller', with the thicker wheel containing the battery that could be swopped very quickly with another wheel with a charged one.

I was disappointed when it merely turned out to be a recumbent bicycle with a battery.
    Battery changing, as opposed to battery charging, seems like the way to go. Don't you do that with your camcorders? One on charge at home, one in use, a spare in the glove compartment.

Have you ever actually kept gloves in a glove compartment? I don't think I ever have. But then, I used to drive an old VW bus, with the full-width shelf under the dash, where one could keep all sorts of things, including gloves, fishing poles, shovels and rakes.......
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2013

Note to Elon: Better Place already went broke doing this. The move seems a desperate follow-up to the super charger fiasco to me.
    Posted By: alsetalokin
    But then, I used to drive an old VW bus, with the full-width shelf under the dash, where one could keep all sorts of things, including gloves, fishing poles, shovels and rakes.......

. . . hookahs, bongs . . .

• CommentAuthorcwatters

Many families have two cars. Very few families need BOTH to have long range. One gas and one electric is a very usable combination. Use the electric for the daily commute and the gas for holidays, visiting relatives in the next state etc. I see no reason why todays electric car couldn't take a significant market share....if only they were cheaper.
    For Sale: Flying car powered by a Woodward Drive, optically fully cloaked when required, automatic nav worldwide, space- and undersea- worthy, max acceleration 1 gee, max speed in air Mach 1.5, seats 12, built in entertainment centre, John Player Special black and silver trim. One careful owner.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanFor Sale: Flying car powered by a Woodward Drive, optically fully cloaked when required, automatic nav worldwide, space- and undersea- worthy, max acceleration 1 gee, max speed in air Mach 1.5, seats 6, built in entertainment centre, John Player Special black and silver trim. One careful owner.

Built by McDonnell Douglas.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: cwattersMany families have two cars. Very few families need BOTH to have long range. One gas and one electric is a very usable combination. Use the electric for the daily commute and the gas for holidays, visiting relatives in the next state etc. I see no reason why todays electric car couldn't take a significant market share....if only they were cheaper.
    The basic problem with BEV vehicles are that batteries are a very expensive and volume / mass inefficient means of storing energy. I see the two car argument as rationalization. When people buy SUVs in droves I can't see them buying commuter BEVs.
    I solved that problem by taking note of how large amounts of energy are currently stored. I installed a hydroelectric dam system in the trunk.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrflora

This is the first time I have looked at this thread. I am somewhat surprised by the extremely negative viewpoint about Tesla and Musk that seems to prevail.

Also, it seems unusual to me that nobody has mentioned the latest Tesla news:

(1) Consumer Reports gave the Model S its highest rating ever (99/100);

(2) Tesla's 1st quarter was profitable;

(3) Tesla repaid its U.S. Treasury loan (over $400 million USD) some ten years early.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013

Hydro dams are so yesterday. Coal fired is the rage now.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: mrfloraThis is the first time I have looked at this thread. I am somewhat surprised by the extremely negative viewpoint about Tesla and Musk that seems to prevail.

Also, it seems unusual to me that nobody has mentioned the latest Tesla news:

(1) Consumer Reports gave the Model S its highest rating ever (99/100);

(2) Tesla's 1st quarter was profitable;

(3) Tesla repaid its U.S. Treasury loan (over $400 million USD) some ten years early.

Regards,
    M.R.F.
    The loan was paid from new stock sales. The profitable Q1 was and sales may well have been anomalies caused by Q4 missed deliveries. CR were IMO nuts. $100k car is not consumer.
    Posted By: joshs$100k car is not consumer.

How about a 200 mile, $40K Tesla with batwings?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: magic moment
    Posted By: joshs$100k car is not consumer.

How about a 200 mile, $40KTeslawith batwings?
    That would be a nice fantasy. Tesla is posturing a starting point of $50K. Even that is fantasy because of the 60kWh battery. Tesla's batteries are going for over $0.50 / Wh today. 60kWh translates to more than $30,000. Tesla bucks. Add a high end crossover on top of that and they've spent a lot more than $20K. And that is before we start dealing with how many nameplate wH it really takes to go a mile when it isn't 65F outside.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

Posted By: joshs When people buy SUVs in droves I can't see them buying commuter BEVs.

I see them buying one of each.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: cwatters
    Posted By: joshsWhen people buy SUVs in droves I can't see them buying commuter BEVs.

I see them buying one of each.
    We have different visions.