Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013

Posted By: AngusThe Toyota HiLux seems to be the favourite on every little impoverished tropical island I visit. No offence, of course.

How did you break Abba? They seemed to be fine last time I saw them, which was, let's see.... well, maybe quite a while ago. But there's Mamma Mia!

Posted By: AngusThe Toyota HiLux seems to be the favourite on every little impoverished tropical island I visit. No offence, of course.

How did you break Abba? They seemed to be fine last time I saw them, which was, let's see.... well, maybe quite a while ago. But there's Mamma Mia!

Hmmmm. The most popular vehicle in Canada at the moment seems to be the Ford F Series Truck.....

Have you heard any of Agnetha's new album yet?
    The Ford F Series Truck is the most popular vehicle in the USA too. Which pretty much sums it up.

My wife liked Abba. Now she's my ex-wife. Which pretty much sums it up.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanThe Ford F Series Truck is the most popular vehicle in the USA too. Which pretty much sums it up.

My wife liked Abba. Now she's my ex-wife. Which pretty much sums it up.

So did she drive an F Series?
    No. She drove "me nuts"
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Still have an F-150 for doing the heavy hauling, but the Prius works for non-cargo use.
    Posted By: AsterixStill have an F-150 for doing the heavy hauling, but the Prius works for non-cargo use.

So what are you saying... they cancel each other out?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013 edited

Posted By: alsetalokinSo what are you saying... they cancel each other out?

Nope, just using the right tool for the job. The Prius would be lousy for hauling straw or firewood or 100 gallons of water. The F-150 gets used very little.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I have hauled wood, garbage, tools, garden plants and a variety of other things in my wife's Prius, over her rather strenuous objections. It is remarkably roomy and quite able to handle reasonable suburban requirements. The new Prius has a model that is much larger and would be even better for such purposes. It is almost the size of their SUV.
    I'm thinking of driving a resurgence in the ox cart. It would have a huge transparent screen up front with icons you can drag around, and therefore would appeal to the younger generation. And it doesn't get much greener. Or browner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Hybrid oxcart and you're on.
    Methane count? It's all in the diet. The Prius doesn't have an afterburner.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMethane count? It's all in the diet. The Prius doesn't have an afterburner.

You just rumened a good day
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusI have hauled wood, garbage, tools, garden plants and a variety of other things in my wife's Prius, over her rather strenuous objections. It is remarkably roomy and quite able to handle reasonable suburban requirements. The new Prius has a model that is much larger and would be even better for such purposes. It is almost the size of their SUV.

So your Prius is good for driving on a rip-rap paved road with occasional mudholes carrying a half-ton or so?

How many sheets of 4x8 sheetrock will fit in it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Dammit, people. You cud have warned me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Asterix
    Posted By: AngusI have hauled wood, garbage, tools, garden plants and a variety of other things in my wife's Prius, over her rather strenuous objections. It is remarkably roomy and quite able to handle reasonable suburban requirements. The new Prius has a model that is much larger and would be even better for such purposes. It is almost the size of their SUV.

So your Prius is good for driving on a rip-rap paved road with occasional mudholes carrying a half-ton or so?

How many sheets of 4x8 sheetrock will fit in it?

Sorry - I wasn't listening. Did I say that? Seems to me I said wood, garbage, tools, garden plants and a variety of other things.

Can your Ford do 3.5 l/100km?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusCan your Ford do 3.5 l/100km?

Hell no, it's a gas hog. I expect about 15-16 MPG.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

All this stuff about hybrid oxen's just yoking, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Yu god a contracters licence for thet sheetrock, bud? Mighty suspecius of yu to be driving around with all that sheetrock in yer Prius .... and at night, too. I think yu mite be a terrrrrrist, you gonna come down and anser sum questyins. Don't worry, tha Tazer jolt and thumcuffs are fer yer own pertection.
    My oxcart guffaws at your rip-rap paved road with occasional mudholes. In fact, it revels in mudholes. It says har har! loudly and, pulling a load that would break the back of a Ford and of course a Prius, forges on, occasionally lighting the afterburners just to make up time. And with an iPad GUI, what's not to like? Did I mention the free fertilizer?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

...and if your vehicle suffers a breakdown, you can always eat it.