Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAbd
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013 edited

Posted By: korkskrew
    Posted By: pcstru
    Posted By: Abd
    Posted By: hairykrishna
    Posted By: hairykrishnaSimple conservation of momentum rules out d+d->4He.
    That's a naive expectation, but a very reasonable one.

http://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=3402&page=12

(^^ 1 day ago)

Posted By: hairykrishnaSimple conservation of momentum rules out d+d->4He.
    That's a naive expectation, but a very reasonable one. Those who are working on d+d theories are physicists, generally. They know about conservation of momentum, and so do I. If you want a description of how they are attempting to deal with the problem, I could give that, and it would simply irritate more people, and for little benefit.

(^^ 1 hour ago)

And yet they are not the same post.
    OMG! I thought the forum software just forgot where I left off. I think this guy is really setting a new standard for jackass trollery. I think that surpasses the shit Gaby used to pull!

I nominate Abd for permanent owner of FWOTW until such time as he shuts the hell up or we get someone else to pick on. It will make it much easier to skip his posts.

Whatever FWOTW is, if it makes it easier for people to skip my posts who don't want to read them, I'd probably be fine with it. If I don't like it, I'll just leave. The menu at the MoleTrap Bar n Grill is awful, anyway, and the company sucks.

That "anomaly" of apparent repetition was a missing quote tag, that's all. I'll fix it. I was quoting a writer who had quoted me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2013

Posted By: AbdNow, yes, I've claimed that this result, and the many confirmations of it, with increased accuracy, are "conclusive evidence" of deuterium fusion (because of the value of the ratio found). That's an intepretation. Is it a "wishful" one? How?

Because it's highly dependent on the prior.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man

Posted By: Abdand the company sucks.

Many douchebags complain of this phenomena. It of course MUST be the other people.

See, if this was some group of crap homeopathy trials. You would go on and on and on and on about how it's likely true in *some way*. However when you - whether you realize it or not - are getting negative feedback from a social group you can't apply the same reasoning. Your fish-in-a-pond metaphor doesn't apply when people are criticizing you (now if I've convinced you that it's a stupid metaphor then do stand up and say so).
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AbdHomeopathic remedies are harmless.
    No, they're not. First, they are expensive, considering that there is nothing in them except sugar or water. Second, they often prevent gullible people from getting necessary medical care in a timely manner. That alone can maim or kill or greatly increase cost and complexity of treatment and without a doubt, it occasionally does. I suppose you can make an argument, as several people did above, that it's Darwin's Law.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AbdWhatever FWOTW is, if it makes it easier for people to skip my posts who don't want to read them, I'd probably be fine with it.
    It's a banner on all your posts proclaiming you as "Fuckwit of the Week". I don't think you merit that for your weird views on dowsing, or similar junk science posts but you may be getting closer to being a deserving recipient when you veer off into religion.

The proper definition of faith is trusting without evidence and that is simply stupid.
    •  
      CommentAuthorE-Man

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: AbdHomeopathic remedies are harmless.
    No, they're not. First, they are expensive, considering that there is nothing in them except sugar or water. Second, they often prevent gullible people from getting necessary medical care in a timely manner. That alone can maim or kill and without a doubt does. I suppose you can make an argument, as several people did above, that it's Darwin's Law.

Natural remedies also tend to have much less strict controls on manufacturing. It's legal to create a homeopathic remedy with Arsenic in it. There have been several case reports of arsenic poisoning due to improperly prepared homeopathic medicine.

Homeopathy also takes research money which can be applied to something which has a higher probability of success.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: E-ManNatural remedies also tend to have much less strict controls on manufacturing. It's legal to create a homeopathic remedy with Arsenic in it. There have been several case reports of arsenic poisoning due to improperly prepared homeopathic medicine.

Many preparations call themselves "homeopathic" even though they contain substantial levels of the active substance. They usually specify 1X or 2X dilutions (2X dilution is a 1% solution) rather than the spectacular 30X which is common in "true" homeopathic remedies and represents 10^-30!

Substantial harm has been caused by intranasal zinc in concentrated "homeopathic" preparations such as Zicam. There is a current FDA warning about Zicam intranasal (which is not sold any more in the original form) and the company has settled at least one suit.

"The FDA has received more than 130 reports of loss of sense of smell associated with the use of these three Zicam products," the agency warned (06/16/09). "In these reports, many people who experienced a loss of smell said the condition occurred with the first dose; others reported a loss of the sense of smell after multiple uses of the products." The products included in the warning were Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Gel, Zicam Cold Remedy Nasal Swabs and Zicam Cold Remedy Swabs, Kids Size, which was already discontinued.

From here. Link is monstrously long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Okay. Fuck off, shake your Jolly mole. How's that for light?

Fucking FINALLY.. now we're actually getting somewhere!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: AngusI thought gravitas was a sort of Yiddish smoked salmon thingie you can get at the Deli?

I think you might be confusing.. something.. with gravlax?

Or just Lox? As in, Nova Lox - as in, Nova Scotia - as in.. as.. as.. in..

Too late, I eated all of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: AngusHe tells me via a private message - perhaps it will turn up on NewVort - that he sees moletrap as a "bar crowd". That's interesting. So do I. Maybe the White Hart, or Callaghan's Crosstime Saloon. That's why I hang around. But if you're looking for gravitas, maybe here is not the place.

I think that it is a good description. I would describe the interactions here as being similar to conversations. Sometimes long posts are submitted at the start of a thread, or a thread hijack, to establish a position, and then the discussion / debate evolves point by point between posters in a manner that is IMO not dissimilar to a good conversation in a bar.

In this analogy Abd would be the bar bore. There is nearly always one in every bar: Everybody tries to avoid engaging the bar bore in conversation because as soon as a sentence or two has been spoken to the bar bore, he /she will enter full transmit only mode for the next hour or so, and while it might be possible to get another sentence or two in when the bar bore pauses to inhale, by then all interest in any further discussion will be lost. The sort of person to whom the ultimate bar put-down of "ok in small doses" might be applied.

I believe that it is Abd's sense that he is "writing for a larger audience" in every post that leads him towards such waffling, droning verbosity and that prevents him from engaging with the other posters here in a normal conversational style.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokin
    Posted By: AngusI thought gravitas was a sort of Yiddish smoked salmon thingie you can get at the Deli?

No, I think that's GravilexLax you are thinking of. Always a memorable experience, especially if you need to be ...er.... unloxed.

So that's the Lex that makes you Luthor?
    Posted By: DuracellIn this analogy Abd would be the bar bore. There is nearly always one in every bar: Everybody tries to avoid engaging the bar bore in conversation because as soon as a sentence or two has been spoken to the bar bore, he /she will enter full transmit only mode for the next hour or so, and while it might be possible to get another sentence or two in when the bar bore pauses to inhale, by then all interest in any further discussion will be lost. The sort of person to whom the ultimate bar put-down of "ok in small doses" might be applied.
    I agree.

Posted By: DuracellI believe that it is Abd's sense that he is "writing for a larger audience" in every post that leads him towards such verbosity and that prevents him from engaging with the other posters here in a normal conversational style.
    A "larger audience"? Funny how you spell "himself".
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: AbdWhatever FWOTW is, if it makes it easier for people to skip my posts who don't want to read them, I'd probably be fine with it.
    It's a banner on all your posts proclaiming you as "Fuckwit of the Week". I don't think you merit that for your weird views on dowsing, or similar junk science posts but you may be getting closer to being a deserving recipient when you veer off into religion.

The proper definition of faith is trusting without evidence and that is simply stupid.

Tch tch, MY. Religion is cool. Thinking back on SS and sonoboy and omnibus (that's once) I think the thing that gets people bannered is the tendency to talk more and more about the same thing once they realise nobody wants to hear it. It's the same impulse that gets missionaries boiled.
    I'd like a gin Gimlet, very dry, with an onion, please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Harumph!

Perhaps Sir intended to say a Gibson's?

Sir should be aware that in _this_ establishment Gibsonsesae are _always_ made with gin.

Indeed, as Sir suggests, it is another way to get boiled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: Duracell
    I believe that it is Abd's sense that he is "writing for a larger audience" in every post that leads him towards such waffling, droning verbosity and that prevents him from engaging with the other posters here in a normal conversational style.

IMO for him, the forum is a write only medium, he is verbose because he doesn't even read what he is writing (and why should he, no one else does).
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Yea, that's what I said, no one.
    Abd is the Lorem Ipsum poster of Moletrap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Knuckles OTooleAbd is the Lorem Ipsum poster of Moletrap.

Interesting. Since nobody has actually read all through that stuff (except maybe Trim), who knows what's in there? Somebody should do a text search for "lorem ipsum".