Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2013

Another discussion which could be titled Rothwell against everybody else. Mostly the usual suspects participate.

http://skeptoid.com/blog/2013/02/26/lenr-a-bright-future-part-1/
    That discussion pretty much tells you all you need to know about the cold fusion debate. Rothwell's arguments/attacks are almost breathtakingly ironic.
    Hoot.
    Cude vs. von Lolmax was almost a fair fight. Cude vs. BDJ Rothwell is like watching the sinking of the General Belgrano.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited

Strange article in Forbes on line:

Unbeknownst to the general public, dynamically active nuclear processes are presently occurring in tens of millions of households worldwide,” Larsen told me.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcmahon/2013/03/14/tiny-nuclear-reactions-inside-compact-fluorescent-bulbs/

I sort of doubt it. Larsen seems like a wishful nutty sort to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited

Looks like a classic case of overinterpreting the data, to me, and by someone who is out on a major limb along with Widom.

I'm no nukyular phyisicist, nor do I play one on TV, but some people who are have told me that the Widom-Larsen theory is in the "not-even-wrong" category of scientific speculation. And to go from a reported isotope distribution allegedly different from an "ordinary" isotopic enriched distribution, to claiming experimental support for W-L is a leap indeed.

And then, further, to claim that little nuclear fusion reactions happening in your CFLs are _good things_ that will help to win the hearts and minds of Luddites who refuse to give up their whale-oil lamps and horseless carriages.... that's a right travesty.

There is something happening here and you don't know what it is..... do you, Mister Larsen.
    (He should be made to wear ear-phones....)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013 edited

Youtube NASA?

I am sure I have seen this before??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42hrCRx1JJY&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013

Posted By: joshsJed Rothwell put the brain dead in: Brain dead Jed.
    And true to form, he comments about the latest Rossifiction:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40eskimo.com/msg78278.html
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013

Another cold fusion scam I had not heard about. Thanks to K-rivit, ribbit.

http://news.newenergytimes.net/2013/03/26/cbc-investigates-former-lenr-researcher-russ-george/#more-5531
    I have stored away Jed Rothwell's comments about Rossi. When Rossi is finally universally recognized as a charlatan (as opposed to merely recognized by anyone with any sense), it will be good to revive these words as a reminder of just how naive, foolish and absurd this self-appointed "authority" on cold fusion is.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013 edited

Posted By: OmphaloskepticI have stored away Jed Rothwell's comments about Rossi.
    Thank you for that. I thought of it but I have neither the time nor the intestinal fortitude. I have an email exchange with Jed about testing Rossi and related issues. I am not sure it's OK to put those out in public without permission. I suppose it is, technically -- once you send an email, it isn't yours any more. But I'm still not sure I'd do it.

Many of the inane comments on Vortex will come back eventually to their authors too. And all the angry and tangential replies on Forbes, Wired, Popular Science and several other "main line" media.

And then there is Peter Gluck's silly faith in Defkalion and the weird people who run it. That should eventually yield some chuckles too.

Too bad there's not more Steorn archival stuff around any more.
    My favorite part of Rothwell's "thinking" is the statement that "If that 1 MW gadget was fake, it was the most expensive and elaborate fake in the history of fake energy devices." I have seen similar remarks by many other fanboys on the net. Seriously? A cargo container full of foil-wrapped boxes and a bunch of PVC pipes? This is the most expensive and elaborate fake in history? It sure doesn't take much to impress some people.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: OmphaloskepticA cargo container full of foil-wrapped boxes and a bunch of PVC pipes?
    Exactly. And they aren't assembled and lined up very well. And they didn't even buy the diesel generator. They must have rented it for a short time because it has never been in evidence since. Nor has anyone run that kludge in public (nor, I suspect, in private).

It's a really lame fake. They never showed any measurement of output on it. It isn't even clear that they powered up many of the electrical heaters it must contain.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Well, 100 tons of iron sounds like a lot, but volumetrically isn't that much. I recall that from a previous life in a steel mill, ingots from the open hearth weighed about 30 tons apiece. So figure 3 1/3 ingots worth.
    • CommentAuthortinker

This was iron ore - so a little less dense- but even so only 4 truckloads.
    My favorite Rothwell quote about Rossi is:

"Rossi has given out *far* more proof than any previous cold fusion researcher. […] That test is irrefutable by first principles."

He's already started backing off from that, but I doubt he'll ever admit that he was completely wrong, no matter what happens to Rossi. He'll keep on saying that he had something, but then the dog ate the formula or something like that.

He still insists Patterson's beads from the 90s were the real thing, but the secret died with him.

Blondlett died believing in N-rays too. And after Einstein explained the motion of Mercury without a new planet, the people who claimed planet vulcan caused the anomalies, could not let go.

Some delusions will not die.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Yeah. All of these guys believe Miley, Brillouin and Swartz too. And whatever happened to Thermacore? And where are all the kilowatts from Blacklight Power? Most of the Vortifacients believe in those too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013

Posted By: maryyugoI suppose it is, technically -- once you send an email, it isn't yours any more.

Yes, it is. It is a work and as such is protected by Copyright. You might try the fair use provisions to get away with reproducing parts, but the work and rights to the work still belong to the creator of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013

When you send email to someone without a copyright symbol or a contract, I believe you are giving up any rights. I'm no expert in this. I remember reading the arguments somewhere years ago.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2013 edited

An upcoming Cold Fusion conference. I predict disappointment. No Rossi's or Defkalions I would think.

http://news.newenergytimes.net/2013/03/28/lenr-nrl-will-host-colloquium-on-cold-fusion/