Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2014

I wonder what is going on here:

Re: [Vo]:Yoshino slides from 2014 MIT Colloquium

Jed Rothwell Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:19:43 -0700

Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

> I would have asked if the 1kW (Scarlet) and 10kW (Catherine) were actually
    > working.
    >

I do not think they are working yet. The equipment actually exists, as you
    see from the photos, but I do not think they have tested them yet. Before I
    got the photos I asked Mizuno "do you really plan to test a 10 kW reactor?"
    He said, "yes." I think he would have said if he had already tested it.

My wife does not think much of naming reactors with English female code
    names. I was surprised to see such names.

by Rothwell on Vortex
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2014

I don't know if I've actually said this before, but at the risk of repeating myself;

The title of this thread cracks me the hell up. It's almost as much of a treat as the FWOTW banner used to be.

We need to recruit more fuckwits so we can bring the banner back.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014 edited

lol@ fuckwit recuitment.

http://i.imgur.com/ndonI36.jpg
    Excellobe!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014

I think that very few of the Church of the Holy Rossi advocates tend to be angry people. I made some suggestions regarding the guy who wants to do calorimetry using "HHO" and a catalyst. He clearly believes two things: (1) There's something magic about "HHO"--I've warned him not to use that term. and (2) Cold fusion is real and running oxyhydrogen through a catalyst will produce tons of excess power over simply burning the stuff.

His methodology has me concerned that he might just blow himself up. But in the usual snide Believer mode, he asserts that he knows what he's doing.

Would it be fair to rub his nose in the negative results--if he survives?
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014 edited

What a very silly fib, Asterix. Have you been at the ROBOT? This is what was actually said - not very angry, surely?

"Ok. First of all purge yourself of any idea that I expect this or that result in advance of doing these experiment, or that I might ascribe some particular magic to this or that 'flavour' of gas in advance. HHO is for the moment a very convenient acronym/ initialisation as far as I am concerned. And more recognisable to many people here (the audience) than the term 'H2 and O2 in stoichiometric proportions' - as well as being way quicker to write. If you like that sort of thing it's fine by me, however. I have said all of this several times already, here and elsewhere -I'm saying it again just because I like you."

And secondly, where in the exchange did this crop up?

Posted By: Asterix(2) He believes...." Cold fusion is real and running oxyhydrogen through a catalyst will produce tons of excess power over simply burning the stuff."

Certainly nowhere that I could see, also directly contradicts the statement above. This part especially.

" First of all purge yourself of any idea that I expect this or that result in advance of doing these experiment, or that I might ascribe some particular magic to this or that 'flavour' of gas..."
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

So why is he doing it?

A negative result proves nothing to the CF believers. How many negative results are needed? An "anomaly", no matter how awful the calorimetry, evidently "proves" that Rossi has something.

My comment about tagging the stuff with "HHO" really does make the experiment suspect to the scientific mainstream, no matter the intention.
    Over Unity Santa sez HHO HHO HHO
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited

Posted By: AsterixMy comment about tagging the stuff with "HHO" really does make the experiment suspect to the scientific mainstream, no matter the intention

Oh dear. At least he likes you.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014

Posted By: tinkerOh dear. At least he likes you.

Why should that matter? For all I know, he could be the reincarnation of Joseph Stalin. He doesn't know me and I do not know him.

Unless you mean in the sense of "Internet Like", which is pretty much worthless.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014 edited

I'd like to immortalize the following image in our wiki but I don't know how. Can someone kindly do it for me?

from http://i.imgur.com/qOuTa3c.jpg

It notes that you don't have to be able to spell "free energy" (actually "pluse" and "hyrogen") in order to work with them.

The image can go right below the Defkalion diagram with the "pleasure sensor".
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014

What? No hot tub?
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2014

That's an add on accessory.
    • CommentAuthorbr
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015

I see that Brillouin has just released two more... pictures. One photoshopped with 'Brillouin Boiler Technology', the other with (at least one) flow arrow the wrong way around. Nice going!
    http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/1843-Brillouin-Energy-Selected-as-one-of-the-AlwaysOn-Global-100-Companies-to-Watch/?postID=6201#post6201
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Slobs. Remember these geniuses could not spell hydorgen or pluse korrecktlee?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015 edited

Brillouin Energy is currently working with expert LENR scientists at SRI International

Makes me wonder what "SRI" stands for in this instance... "Strawberry-Raspberry Ices"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

We know who those SRI experts on LENR might be don't we? Ask joshs.
    • CommentAuthorbr

Had a search for the logo on the boiler, turns out it is from a company called Utica Boilers. Here is the original product and enlarged image:

uticaboilers.com/product_detail.asp?key=32

http://ingramswaterandair.com/utica-fired-direct-vent-sealed-combustion-boiler-100000-pi-15043.html?image=Utica_USC4_Gas_Fired_Direct_Vent_Sealed_Combustion_Boiler

One has to be really incompetent in faking these things for me to find them so easily.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Well, they spelled "pulse" correctly in their latest diagrams, even if they have an arrow pointing in the wrong direction.

Progress, progress..give us another few million and we might even get our photoshopping more believable.
    Good find br!