Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2019

I did that once. The caller asked for me and I said I would go get him. I told them I was in the bathroom and would be out soon. The silly twit waited over 3 minutes before hanging up. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AsterixIs there a surcharge for the service?

From Citibank, there is no charge for virtual credit cards. Note that you must have a credit card account and a normal credit card to use this service.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2019 edited

Today, I got a text saying my Chase account had been "locked" due to possible credit card fraud. There was a phone number to call but surprise of surprises, checking it on the internet did not return Chase Bank as a possible holder of that phone number (which was in New Jersey). My app has a conflicts and problems section and it returned "no issues with this account." Obviously phishing but while I knew it exists, I have never personally experienced this particular scam.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

That's not even remotely new--I get those purporting to be from banks, Paypal, internet name registrars, you name it.

It must work for someone, for there to be so many.
    I never ever get them
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I gst a lot of calls from people who want to inform me my credit card was used early this morning in Kazakhstan, but don't seem to care who answered the telephone.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2019 edited

It comes in all languages:
    Antes de tudo, gostaria de me desculpar pela demora em dar um retorno, eu tive alguns contratempos em casa e acabei me atrasando. Efetuei o DOC dia 17/05/2019 exatamente as 15:00, no valor de R$1.242,00 Perdoe-me pelo inconviniente, peco para que verifique e me de um retorno no maximo ate amanha as 10:00 pois estarei saindo de ferias. Desde ja, agradeco. Paula Schmidt

Email comes from a German domain: drive03.oabrj.com.de, which appears to be a placeholder for some Rio de Janeiro outfit
    ATTN: Beneficiary.

According to the ethics of an office, introduction is always very important on a first contact like this. I am Mr. Christopher A. Wray, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). This Official Memorandum is to inform you that we discovered that some officials whom work under the United States government have attempted to divert your Funds (US$10,500,000:00) through a back-door channel. We actually discovered this today, through our Secret Agents under the Disciplinary Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) after we apprehended (Mr. Ali Aeraby) a terrorist and laundering suspect.

The mentioned suspect was apprehended at the Dulles International Airport early this morning, as he attempted to carry the enormous cash value of US$10,500,000:00 outside the shores of USA. In respect to the money laundering decree of United States, such amount of money cannot be moved in cash outside United States because such attempt is a criminal offense and is punishable under the money laundering act of 1982 of United States of America. This decree is a globalize law applicable in most developed countries in order to check-mate terrorism and money laundering.

From our gathered information here in this Unit, we discovered that the said Funds in question actually belongs to you, but it had been purposely delayed because the officials in charge of your Payment are into some sort of irregularities which is totally against the ethics of any Payment institution. Presently, this said Funds valued US$10,500,000:00 is under the custody of the Paying Bank (The Bank of New York Mellon) and I can assure you that your Funds will be released to you without a hitch provided that you are sincere to us in this matter. Also, we require your positive co-operation at every level because we are closely monitoring this very transaction in order to avert the bad eggs in our society of today.

Today dated 28th May 2019, we have instructed the Executive management of (The Bank of New York Mellon) to Release the said Funds to you as the certified Beneficiary in question, because we have valuable information's/records to authenticity that the said Funds truly belongs to you. Be that as it may, you are required to provide us with below listed information's (for official verification).

1. First Name, Middle Name and Last Name.
    2. Age.
    3. Occupation.
    4. Marital Status.
    5. Direct Telephone/Fax Number.
    6. Residential address.

We await your immediate compliance to this official obligation, so that you can be paid by (The Bank of New York Mellon).

Officially Sealed.

Mr. Christopher A. Wray.
    Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Avert the bad eggs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2019

Sheer poetry!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

that some officials whom work

Awww, you spoiled it!
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

US$10,500,000:00 is nothing to sneeze at. I trust you will be sincere to them.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2019

Ah-CHOO!
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2019

Mrs. Juliana Newman.

My Dear Beloved

Greetings to you and your family. I am Mrs. Juliana Newman A widow to late Mr. Collins Newman of “United States” I am 64 years old, my late Husband was a Director with the Construction Company in Kuwait. Before his Sudden Death in plane crash in Malaysia airline, but before his death, he Deposited the Sum of¨$20 Million US dollars with one of the Bank with my name and I am suffering from pancreatic cancer, My condition is really bad and it is quite obvious that I won’t live more according to my doctors. I have only one daughter who is young at the moment and cannot manage this fund at tender age. I am willing to offer this sum of $20 Million US dollars to you to help in effective investment. And to take part of it to help widows and the less privileged ones in the rural and urban areas and to carry out charity works in your Country and around the World on my Behalf Here is my email

Waiting for your Urgent Responds.
    Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.

Yours.

Mrs. Juliana Newman
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2019 edited

"I have only one daughter who is young at the moment and cannot manage this fund at tender age"

The woman says that she's 64. I assume that there are lawyers in Nigeria.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2019

Posted By: oakBefore his Sudden Death in plane crash in Malaysia airline, but before his death, he Deposited the Sum of¨$20 Million US dollars with one of the Bank with

I'm glad he made the deposit before his death.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2019 edited

For USAns:

Equifax settlement

If you were affected, get a $125 check (possibly more if you were greatly affected).
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2019 edited

I got a nice email from the FBI today.

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI
    FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION FBI.WASHINGTON DC.
    FBI SEEKING TO WIRETAP INTERNET?

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION SEEKING TO WIRETAP THE INTERNET.

Dear Beneficiary,

We hope this notification arrives meeting your good health and mind. (FBI) Washington, DC in conjunction with some other relevant investigation agencies here in the United States of America have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you have an over-due payment in tone of USD 2.8M with Citibank, This funds was awarded to you by the United Nation due to the TAXES you have been paying over the years that makes you qualify for automatically raffle draw that make you a winner.

It might interest you to know that we have taken our time in screening through this project as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have finally confirmed that your payment/transaction with Citibank is 100% genuine and hitch free from all facets and of which you have the lawful right to claim your fund without any further delay. Having said all this, we will further advise that you go ahead in dealing with the Citibank, IL accordingly as we will be monitoring all their activities with you as well as your correspondence at all levels.

NOTE: There are numerous scam emails on the internet, imposters impersonating names and images. We therefore warn our dear citizens to be very careful with any claim email you receive prior to these irregularities so that they do not fall victim to this ugly circumstance anymore. And should in case you are already dealing with anybody or office claiming that you have a payment with them, you are to STOP further contact with them immediately in your best interest and contact the real bank (Citibank) only where your fund is laying, with the below information:

Bank Name: Citibank
    Address: 2022 South Archer Ave, Chicago, IL USA.
    Attn: Andrew Rector
    (Remittance Director)
    E-mail: anthony.rhodes887@gmail.com

Contact the bank today and furnish them with this information below for processing of your payment/funds accordingly.

FULL NAME:
    CURRENT ADDRESS:
    CITY:
    STATE:
    ZIP CODE:
    DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

NOTE: In your best interest, any message that does not come from the above email address with phone number should be nullified and avoided immediately for security reasons. Meanwhile, we will advise that you contact the Citibank office in Illinois immediately with the above email address and request that they attend to your payment file as directed so as to enable you receive your payment/fund accordingly.

Ensure you follow all directives from Citibank as this will further help hasten up the whole payment process in regards to the transfer of your fund to you as designated. Also have in mind that the Citibank equally has their own protocol of operation as stipulated on their banking terms.

Note that we will be monitoring all your dealings with them as you proceed so you don't have anything to worry about. All we require from you henceforth is an update so as to enable us be on track with you and the Citibank. Without wasting much time, we will want you to contact them immediately with the above email address and phone number so as to enable them attend to your case accordingly without any further delay as time is already running out.

Should in case you need any more information in regards to this notification, feel free to get back to us via email so that we can brief you more as we are here to guide you during and after this project has been completely perfected and you have received your payment/fund as stated.

Thank you very much for your anticipated co-operation.

Best regards,

Christian Wilson
    Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    J. Edgar Hoover Building
    601,4th Street,
    935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
    NW Washington, D.C.
    20535-0001, USA

I don't know where the "citibank" link goes but I'm pretty sure it isn't to Citibank.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2019

How lucky you are. I trust you will be sharing some of this $2.8M with your longtime friends and admirers here on the moletrap.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2019

Personally, I'll be satisfied if I receive only a tenth of the $2.8M. Thanks al.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2019

oak- I'm touched. That is very generous of you.