Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2020 edited

Dear David W Marquez,

I am pleased to announce the compilation of the forthcoming 74th edition of Who's Who in America. We are conducting our annual review of all biographies and respectfully request the verification of your biographical data, which you should have recently received in the mail.

To ensure the highest level of accuracy, we ask that you review and update your biographical data within the next 10 days. For your convenience, we've set up a secure, personalized webpage with your information. Just click the button below to make any necessary revisions online.

Sincerely,

John Sartoris
    Director of Publications

If you have previously updated your biography within the last 90 days, please disregard this notice.

Okay, I'm not David W Marquez (former attorney general of Alaska). Back in 2005, I received a piece of email that was really suspect. So I filled in the information requested with the name and office address of the Alaska attorney general, thinking that should scare any scammer off. Why not? I've never used the name since that single time.

To this day, I'm still getting the occasional email addressed to Marquez, even though it should be obvious that I'm not him.

Crud lives forever on the Internet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2020

The Unthinking Machinery does not care who you are. It executes its instructions.
    "Papers please".
    Sorry, fresh out. Will a pipe do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2020

The Unthinking Machinery replies:"Papers please".
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2020 edited

Some of the scammers actually provide a laugh or two:

The field after "Dear" was blank except for a comma
    Under the message subject field of "high important"

" Your need update your card
    Dear ,

We noticed to update your card. Please update your card expiration date and the card security code (CSC) Now so you can continue using it with PayPal. Be sure to activate your new card with your bank first.
    Update card details

If you haven't received your new card yet, please save this email and click the button when you have your new card. If you've already updated your PayPal account with your new card information, please disregard this email.
    And remember, you can always log in directly to PayPal to update your card information in the Profile or Settings areas.

Best regards,
    Your PayPal team

Help | Security Center

Please don't reply to this email. To get in touch with us, click Help & Contact.

Copyright © 1999-2020 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. Société en Commandite par Actions duly licensed by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier in Luxembourg and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland for conduct of business rules. Registered Office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg. RCS Luxembourg B 118 349.

PayPal PPX001588:1.1:6b70e15c006b7"
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2020

Iran's Fake Coronavirus Detector Is the Same as a Fake 'Bomb Detector'

The same device that was used to scam millions of dollars from governments in the Middle East now looks like it's being used to "detect coronavirus."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k7edkx/irans-fake-coronavirus-detector-is-the-same-as-a-fake-bomb-detector
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

What a great tool! I wonder if it'll find buried truffles...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Nearly all Covid-19 patients put on ventilators in New York's largest health system died, study finds

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/health/coronavirus-ventilator-patients-die/index.html
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2020

• CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2020

Possibly the least literate scam attempt I can recall...

Dear lxxxxxxxx.co.uk

For your security, your ID is thus bolted. We distinguished a suspicious Login endeavor to your ID from another IP Zone. It would be perfect in the occasion that you overhaul your information right away so simply can continue to appreciate your account.

Browser : Android

Login Date : Tue, June 09, 2020 6:37 PM

Please verify your character nowadays or your account will be debilitating. After that, alter your Αpple id passwοrd. To confirm your Apple ID, we suggest that you just go to:

Recοver Your appel ID
    Sincerely,
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2020 edited

Meine Opel-ID ist verbeult. 2-fuckturd assholification failed.

(i found a typo in a made-up word)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: tinkerPossibly the least literate scam attempt I can recall...

Dear lxxxxxxxx.co.uk

For your security, your ID is thus bolted. We distinguished a suspicious Login endeavor to your ID from another IP Zone. It would be perfect in the occasion that you overhaul your information right away so simply can continue to appreciate your account.

Browser : Android

Login Date : Tue, June 09, 2020 6:37 PM

Please verify your character nowadays or your account will be debilitating. After that, alter your Αpple id passwοrd. To confirm your Apple ID, we suggest that you just go to:

Recοver Your appel ID
    Sincerely,
    Seems legit. Better do what they ask quickly.
    Perform the requested goings-on wherefore your ID may proceed unbolted. Otherwise since endeavors of logging in suspiciously would be perfectly able to be conformed. Debilitating appel account can be overhauled nowadays in the occasion.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

I con-cur.
    Please verify your character nowadays!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I certainly don't want my account to be debilitating. I'm debilitated enough as it is.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2020 edited

And now there's child molester money available...

Greeting,

I am indeed glad to be in contact with you even though this medium of communication (internet) has been grossly abused by criminal minded people making it difficult for people with genuine intention to correspond and exchange views without skepticism.

I am Lawrence Pierre , financial assistant to late Jeffrey Epstein Financier owner, an American billionaire who died recently in new York prison.Two days before his death he instructed me to give $10,500,000 million dollars to an individual for charity work 30% will be for you that will handle the distribution of the fund and 70% goes for charity work . Please you should keep this confidential to yourself.He also warned me to remain anonymous the public or the government should not be aware of this donation.

Take note: You will not be asked to pay Tax or legal fee charges is not applicable, as soon as you respond to this email that you can use this money wisely for charity work i will make urgent arrangement for this money to be with you in three-four working days.

Reply me with the following details:

Full names: P.Andrew
    Address: The Palace.
    Telephone number: UKooo1

Regards,

Lawrence Pierre.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2020

Ya gotta wonder what idiot sends out an email that starts this way:

Starting is what matters{!firstname_fix}

Yeah, starting is what matters--especially when you don't bother to insert the name of the person you're talking to.
    Posted By: tinker$10,500,000 million dollars

I didn't think there was that much money in the world.
    Well, even if there were, you couldn't have it.