Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2013

In many cases, what's the diff?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: AsterixIn many cases, what's the diff?

The Dr is far more difficult to get an appointment.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

True dat bro.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2013

Hmmm... this arrived in my yahoo account. And yahoo has not eliminated it yet nor marked it as spam:

Account Closing Warning!

Service.
    Nov 28

Dear User,

Your Yahoo! mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by Yahoo! administrator. You may not be able to send or receive new messages until your mailbox size is reduced. To make more space available and to avoid closing this account,click;

ADD SPACE.

To add 1 GB and correct account details.Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Yahoo! Administrator.

The "add space" link points to this rather artless and obvious phishing site: http://addspace.net.tf/ (usual precautions before clicking)
    Why is it you who always gets this shit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Nope - I regularly get email from my internet provider saying that my email account is full up and they are about to delete it unless I respond immediately using THIS convenient click.

The spams get through all blockers. I delete them instantly and for some strange reason my email account still works fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Just got this:

IMF Office
    102 Ademola odekun
    Victoria Island Lagos
    Nigeria

Attention: Sir/Madam

I am Mr. James Murphy from United State of American, I am representing {IMF} In west Africa Nigeria, for the the scam victim over the years, We find out millions of people have been scammed for years back.

We are compensating people which we find their family Names among people who have been a victim of this scam,the IMF, World Bank, United State of America Government, Nigeria Government are giving the victims sum of $250,000,00 each for compensation,your family name was among the listed names to be compensate

You are to get back to me with your name which will be on your ATM CARD and your address which your ATM CARD will be deliver to and your phone number for confirmation.

Your Prompt response will enable us treat your settlement as urgent.

Waiting your response.

Yours In Service
    Mr. James Murphy

+1 for starting the letter with: "I am Mr. James Murphy from United State of American"...
    • CommentAuthortinker

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013 edited

This is a strange one. It's a text I received on my mobil phone.

Firstname, you have 5 photo tags on Facebook -- h t t p://fb.me/1N9KI0SVz9rJ0

No spaces between h t t p but if I don't do that, the forum parses it weird and adds chars.

Where "Firstname" is my real first name. 326-65 is a much reported source of various types of spam. I changed the digits a bit in case the link would point to my real identity. I did not try the web address. Facebook has no permission from me to text me for anything and never has. Weird part? fb.me is really a Facebook address. I suppose FB could be trying a new form of privacy intrusion. I almost never use it and I never allowed it to text me for any reason. Maybe it's one of their idiot new defaults.

Anyone know anything about this aspect of FB or has anyone received such a text? Do the 5 digit addresses texts seem to originate from mean anything?

Anyway, I changed my FB password and removed my mobile number from my FB records-- no idea why I ever put it there to start with.

This was my real FB account, not my maryyugo account. But I never use either one for anything current or real anyway! Strange.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013

No Idea how they got your phone number- though somehow Google knows mine. Current email spam seems to involve a lot of generic 'a friend just sent you a photo' crap.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013

If you use any Google services, then you have given the all knowing Google permission to scoop up your personal data pretty much anywhere they can get it. Al's nightmare is more or less current reality.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013 edited

Posted By: tinkerWhat your metadata may show....

https://www.aclu.org/meet-jack-or-what-government-could-do-all-location-data

Bears repeating.

(Didn't you ever wonder why police departments don't set up their DWI check points just outside sports-bar and "gentlemen's club" parking lots at 2 am? IF, that is, their purpose was actually to chase DWI drivers off the roads, or to catch and punish them?)
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013

• CommentAuthorAsterix

Yeah, you could just see the little sausage sobbing over having to kill him.

Most likely because he saw the fat little punk as he really is - i.e. not a patch on his Dad, the uncle's brother.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I think they're hoping Dennis Rodman gets a bit fatter so they can eat him on his next visit.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMost likely because he saw the fat little punk as he really is - i.e. not a patch on his Dad, the uncle's brother.

He seems like a chip off the old block to me.
    From our viewpoint they probably appear almost indistinguishable. But I think the General sees things differently. He probably thinks of his brother as old school and the kid as just a punk.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

Super business opportunity for Brits!

For your attention

First, let me start by introducing myself, am Mr. Hugh N Matthews, a Consultant Personnel to a Senior Executive (name withheld), a Regional Director for Laing O?Rourke's Construction. We have with us the Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure on a contract for the London OLYMPICS 2012 and have executed several Jobs for the Government of United Kingdom worth over £2 Billion Pounds. After due deliberation with my partners, I have been obliged to contact you for your assistance in standing as a beneficiary to the sum of £90,540,000.00 Ninety Million Five Hundred and Forty Thousand British Pounds Sterling.

This fund emanated as a result of change in scope management contract which we executed with the 2012 London Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympics Games (LOCOG). We are seeking for your consent to present you as the sub-contractor for the mentioned sum of £90,540,000.00. We shall make available all necessary documentations that will be filed for the payment, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Please, I do not need to remind you of the need for absolute Confidentiality if this transaction must succeed and for the reputation of the people concerned, Kindly get back to me on receipt of this message to enable me furnish you more information on the transaction . This transaction will be completed within 21 banking days from today as all modalities has been in place to effect the payment, you shall be guided accordingly throughout the process till the funds are released to you.

We shall make you a reasonable offer for accepting this proposal, this we shall discuss on receipt of your email showing your interest thereafter more information will be made available to you.

I can be reached via;
    Tel: +44 705 3848918
    Fax: +44 843 5586016

Looking forward to reading from you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Hugh N. Matthews
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

Laing and O'Rourke both exist as separate companies of course...