Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

The number of prosecutions for the many trillion dollar banking collapse has been essentially zero.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013

"The number of prosecutions for the many trillion dollar banking collapse has been essentially zero.".....

I wonder how many of the 'little people' who ended up owing the banks for shady products have ended up in jail after taking desperate measures to keep afloat?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: joshsThe number of prosecutions for the many trillion dollar banking collapse has been essentially zero.

Sorry, but some things are still off-limits.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Steal a little and go to prison, steal a lot and and the Government replaces the money you stole.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: LakesSteal a little and go to prison, steal a lot and and the Government replaces the money you stole.
    It kinds of depends. Madhoff stole a lot and he's in jail forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013

As he ought to be. Crimes of that magnitude could ultimately even pose a threat to national security.. due to severely undermining public confidence in investment schemes of all types - and even the whole of the banking / monetary system.

Not to mention the serious blow to morale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013 edited

Here's your crooked dealings for the day.

Soo.. If you thought inkjet cartridges were a shitty deal a decade ago, check out the latest developments.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013

"But DIY refilling can be an incredibly messy business."

Never again. Dr T has Spoken.
    • CommentAuthorenginerd

Posted By: joshsThe number of prosecutions for the many trillion dollar banking collapse has been essentially zero.

I wonder how much it would cost to try to prosecute those slippery crimes. Exactly who did what that was illegal and who told them to do it. I would have thought that some high level players with actions that were more clearly illegal would have been singled out and prosecuted, even if only as examples or scapegoats, but I haven't really seen that.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: legendreHere's your crooked dealings for the day.

Soo.. If you thought inkjet cartridges were a shitty deal a decade ago, check out thelatest developments.

Fucking crooks. Should be a law requiring that the exact volume of ink be inscribed on the box in large type.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: maryyugo

Soo.. If you thought inkjet cartridges were a shitty deal a decade ago, check out thelatest developments.

Fucking crooks. Should be a law requiring that the exact volume of ink be inscribed on the box in large type.

Amen and Amen
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013 edited

Fuck them, they had so many chances to make good - and every time, they just came back and screwed people harder. Cut them off!

If you can get by with B&W (I know I can), you can run an older HP LaserJet small-office / workgroup printer.. like a 2200D or 6MP. A used 2200 will run about $75 right now, if that. a 6P / 6MP can be had for $25 or less.

OEM toners (w/drum) can be had for $25-30 new on eBay, with generics at almost half the price. Several thousand pages yield per fill - and if you're really cheap, you can add generic toner for about $3/fill because the drum is usually good for at least 2X the toner yield. And if you don't care about perfect print quality.. they can be worked several times over.

And they are plug & play with Linux et al. Have been since the late 90s.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2013

My answer: Buy a decent B/W LASER printer and use that for almost all documents. and print only when you really must, B/W or color.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: enginerd

I wonder how much it would cost to try to prosecute those slippery crimes. Exactly who did what that was illegal and who told them to do it. I would have thought that some high level players with actions that were more clearly illegal would have been singled out and prosecuted, even if only as examples or scapegoats, but I haven't really seen that.
    The cost is in pissing off people with a lot of money and influence. Many of the crimes were so brazen that the paper trail is very clear.
    • CommentAuthortinker

• CommentAuthorjoshs

The amazing thing is the people they have fooled with this nonsense.
    • CommentAuthortinker

There's no scam like an old scam. Proven in the market place time and time again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The comments are a good (and encouraging) read. It's as if they were all written by moletrappers.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

I have an Epson 2100/2200 A3 that takes seven carts. When a full set of Epson original carts hit about £100 on Amazon I went back to refilling.

I tried two different makes of refillable carts first but could not get reliable ink flow. Then I discovered someone had published instructions on the web that showed how to modify Epson carts to make them refillable. It involved using cannular extention tubes. The end result has been fantastic.