Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2018

Well, as a responsible citizen I thought it proper to invest it wisely. I have purchased a bottle of an Islay whisky on credit from one of the local motorcycle clubs and I will repay them promptly when the e-transfer arrives.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak

I see. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
    PHONE SCAMMER: "Hello. This is Anne."
    ME: "Fuck off Anne"
    <click>
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

I am putting this here because I don't follow the Trump threads (too much activity) and anyway, it is really about Trump principals scamming. I found this gem by accident as a link on a web page. It's from 2016. Note who is wanting to jail (or even execute) Hillary Clinton. It's the whole list of probable Russian co-conspirators/colluders and conspiracy theory whack jobs that are or soon will be under indictment themselves. Stone, Flynn, etc. etc. How sweet and bizarre this is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-debate-kill-hillary-or-merely-jail-her/2016/07/20/5fb65424-4ec7-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html?utm_term=.2cd183b792ca

I hope this will be remembered in the fall when people are voting for Congresspeople.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2018 edited

Dear Valued Candidate,

You have been nominated to represent your professional community in the Professional Shortlist 2018 Edition. The largest online community of professionals.

We are very pleased to inform you that your candidacy has been approved. Congratulations!

The Publishing Committee has selected you as a potential candidate, based on your standing amongst your professional community as well as specific criteria from the executive and professional council. Given your reputation, the Publishing Director feels your profile would make a welcome addition to our publication.

Since we are using our secondary resources, you must verify with us that your current profile is accurate. After your information is verified, your online listing will be approved within 7 business days.

Please click here to verify your profile and to formally accept the candidacy.

On behalf of our Committee I would like to salute your achievements and welcome you to our association.

Deepest Regards,

Wow. I really worked hard to achieve this distinction. Apparently, though, they lost my name somehow. Oh well... Link goes here: https://join.professionalshortlist.com/
    (checked out in sandbox-- looks harmless but stupid and of course, it would make no sense to give them any info)
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2018

Posted on the comments section of QuantumHeat.org:

# EdgarJuicy — 2018-08-16 10:07
    Hello. I see that you don't update your website too
    often. I know that writing content is time consuming and boring.
    But did you know that there is a tool that allows you to
    create new posts using existing content (from article directories or other pages from your niche)?
    And it does it very well. The new posts are high quality
    and pass the copyscape test. You should try miftolo's tools
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2018

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Who knew?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

My inkprinter cost me 50, a cartridge 30. Of course I almost never used it other than printing test pages and now it's full of dust and can't move the paper anymore. Also, the original ink cartridges only lasted 10 pages before they dried up. Setting them in a cup of distilled water worked once.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2018

Pantum makes a laser monochrome printer which sells for around $40 on occasional sales and includes a generous trial cartridge. Usual price is more like $60 and 1600 page toner cartridges which include the drum so there is no other recurrent cost, are $55. That's 3.5 American cents per page.

https://www.amazon.com/PANTUM-P2502W-Wireless-Monochrome-Printer/dp/B00N517VDK

It has a few quirks, the most annoying of which is that the cartridge contacts have to be buffed with an eraser from time to time and the error-alerting software is buggy. But it does a nice job and is easy to use, easy to clear if paper jammed, and quite consistent. I have three of them and rarely have any issues with them.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2018

kewt:

"
    Note: This is a service message with information related to your Chase account(s). it may include specific details about
    transactions, products or online services. If you recently cancelled your account, please disregard this message.

Logo: Chase

Dear Chase OnlineSMCustomer:

During our usual security enhancement protocol, We observed multiple login attempt error while login on to your online banking account. For security reasons, We have temporarily suspend will be your account and your access to online banking and restricted if you fail to update.

To help keep you safe, we require an extra security challenge so we can help you take corrective account. Please log on to your Chase Online account by clicking on the secure link below.

Secure Log On (this is a link not to Chase)

Notice: Failure to validate your e-mail address and/or e-mail password may lead to temporary suspension on your deposit account(s).

Please don't reply directly to this automatically-generated e-mail message.

Sincerely,

Online Bankink Team
    JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC
    © 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co.
    Note: This is a service message with information related to your Chase account(s). it may include specific details about
    transactions, products or online services. If you recently cancelled your account, please disregard this message.
    =================================================
    The link is not to Chase and it is addressed to "recipient list not disclosed" rather than to me.

Strangely, the text below is hidden but appears when I copy and paste:

At the missionary’s house at Hay River we were married, and the wife of the missionary gave me her clothes until mine dried. We stayed there three days and then we went on. Jim had a cabin in a wonderful hot springs valley, and it was there we were going. It would take us a month, but the weather was at its best, hazy blue days, continuous daylight, only a little dimming of the sun’s light when it disappeared behind the mountains. We had pack-dogs from the post-Jim had left them there-and lots of provisions. I dream of those campfires and the frying bacon, and the blue smoke lifting itself up to the tree-tops.” She sat a long time silent, in a happy maze of memory. “I had as much happiness as most women, but mine came all at once-and left me all at once. We reached the valley in September. I was wild with the beauty of it! Set in the mountains, which arched around it, was this wonderful square of fertile land, about six miles one way and seven the other. The foliage is like the tropics, for the hot springs keep off frost. The creeks which run through it come out of the rocks boiling hot-but cool enough to bathe in as they run on through the meadows. Their waters have a peculiar purplish tinge, which passes away after it stands a while, and a delicate aroma like a fragrant toilet water. I called it the Valley of purple springs’.” “Our house was of logs, and built on a rock floor, which was always warm. There were skins on the floor worth fortunes, for the animals came to the valley in winter by the hundreds, black foxes and silver, martíns and bear. They came in, stayed a few days and passed out again. The ferns in the valley stood seven feet high, and the stalks were delicious when boiled and salted. “Jim had planted a garden before he left, and we had everything, cabbages, cauliflower, beets, mushrooms. Jim got the skins he wanted-he didn’t kill many-and we tanned them in the Indian way. “At first the Indians had been afraid to come. They called it ’The Devil’s Valley,’ and though the young bucks might come in and spend a night, just as a bit of bravado, they were frightened of it; but after I came they took courage and came in. “We found out that the water in the streams had healing power, and made one’s skin feel soft as velvet, especially one stream which had the deepest color. One old squaw, whose eyes had been sore for years, was healed in three weeks and went back to her people with her wonderful tales of the valley. After that we had Indians with us all the time. They brought their sick children and their old people, and the results were marvelous. I never knew the stream to fail. Even the tubercular people soon began to grow rosy and well. The food seemed to have healing power, too, and some who came hollow-cheeked, feverish, choking with their cruel paroxysms of coughing, soon began to grow fat and healthy. At first the sick people just slept and slept on the warm rocks, and then came the desire to bathe in the stream, and after that they went searching for the herbs they needed. “We lived there three years. At the end of the first year little Jim was born-my precious Jim, with his wonderful eyes, reflecting the beauty of the valley. The Indian women tanned the softest buckskin for his little things, and he had the most elaborately beaded garments. No little prince was ever more richly dressed. He grew lovlier every day.” Pearl could refrain no longer: “Why did you ever leave?” she asked breathlessly. “Conscience,” said Annie Gray, after a pause. “We couldn’t keep it all to ourselves and be happy over it. We couldn’t forget all the sick people to whom our purple springs would bring healing. Mind you, we tried to deaden our consciences; tried to make ourselves believe it was not our duty to give it to the world. We fought off these spells of conscience-we tried to forget that there was a world outside. But we couldn’t-we owed a duty, which we had to pay. “One day, with our winter catch of furs packed on the dogs, we came out. The Indians could not understand why we were leaving, and stood sorrowfully watching us as far as we could see them-there was a heaviness on our spirits that day, as if we knew what was coming. “On the Judah Hill, at Peace River, came the accident. The train went over the bank. When I came to I was in the Irene Hospital there, with little Jim beside me quite unhurt. But I knew-I knew. I saw in the nurses’ face-my Jim had been killed.” All the color had gone from her voice, and she spoke as mechanically as a deaf person. “He was instantly killed-they did not let me see him. “I went on. I knew what I should do. I would carry out as far as possible what Jim and I had started out to do. We had filed on the land, and I had the papers-I have them still. In Peace River we had sold the furs, and I had quite a lot of money, for furs were high that year. “Jim had told me a lot about his father, a domineering but kindly old fellow, the local member of Parliament in a little Eastern town-a man who had had his own way all his life. Jim had not got along well with him, and had left home at eighteen. “I remembered Jim had said that he wouldn’t tell his father about the valley until he had talked it over with a lawyer and got everything settled, for the old man would run the whole thing. So when I went to his home I said little about our valley, except to tell them of the beauty of it. “I was very unhappy. He raged about Jim and his wild ways. I could not bear it. He knew nothing of the real Jim that I knew, the tender, loving, sweet-souled Jim. I could see how he had raised the devil in the boy with his high-handed ways. “He was passionately fond of the little Jim, and foolishly indulgent. He would give the child a dollar for a kiss, but if he did not come running to him the very moment he called he would be angry. Yet I could see that he adored the little fellow, and was very proud of his clever ways. “One day he told me he was going to send Jim to a boy’s school in England as soon as he was nine. I told him it could not be. Jim had said to me that we would bring up our boy in the wild, new country, where men are honorable and life is simple. I would follow Jim’s wishes-our boy would not go to England. I defied him. I saw his temper then. He told me I had nothing to say about it, he was his grandson’s guardian. Jim had made a will before he left home, making his father executor of his estate. He told me the father was the only parent the child had in the eyes of the law, and I had no claim on my boy. “I had no one to turn to. Jim’s mother was one of those sweet, yielding women, who said ‘Yes, dear,’ to everything he said. She followed him around, picking up the things he scattered and the chairs he kicked over in his fits of temper. Sometimes when he swore she dabbed her eyes with a daintily trimmed handkerchief. That was her only protest. She advised me to say nothing, but just do whatever ‘father’ told me, and I said I would see him in hell first, and at that she ran out with her fingers in her ears.

=============
    Oh well...
    •  
      CommentAuthorping1400

This “human created” text is to fool spam filters.
    Title: Purple Springs

Author: Nellie L. McClung

Release Date: November 23, 2003 [eBook #10221]

Language: English

Chatacter set encoding: US-ASCII (sic)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/10221/10221.txt
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2018 edited

Attention,
    I am David Jim Brown, Head Officer-in-Charge, Administrative Service Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered an abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport to our facility here in Atlanta, and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 130kg.
    The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.
    By my assessment, each of the boxes contains $4M which is total of $8Million USD. They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like I said are two metal trunk boxes weighing about 65kg each (Internal dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective capacity: 680 L) Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name and email on the official document from United Nations' office in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to reconfirm your full name, Phone Number, full address so I can cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official documents. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the consignment or allow us repatriate it back to UK
    (place of origin) as we were instructed.

As I did say again, the shipper abandoned it and ran away most importantly because he gave a false declaration, he could not pay for the yellow tag, he could not secure a valid non inspection document(s), etc. I am ready to assist you in any way I can for you to get back this packages provided you will also give me something out of it (financial gratification). You can either come in person, or you engage the services of a secure shipping/delivery Company/agent that will provide the necessary security that is required to deliver the package to your doorstep or the destination of your choice. I need all the guarantee that I can get from you before I can get involved in this project. You can contact me on this email for urgent attention: ( Conctact email davidjimbrownch@gmail.com )

Best Regards,

David Jim Brown
    Head Officer-in-Charge
    Administrative Service Inspection Unit.

The sending host was yahoo.com, fwiw. The scam nature is obvious from the capitalization, e.g., "Metal Trunk Boxes".
    I'm surprised that this chestnut is still making the rounds.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: alsetalokinTitle: Purple Springs

Author: Nellie L. McClung

Release Date: November 23, 2003 [eBook #10221]

Language: English

Chatacter set encoding: US-ASCII (sic)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/10221/10221.txt

A person of no small importance here.
    Thanks to someone else's internet email spam phishing scam ... an entire body of Canadian literature has been opened unto us.

Weird, huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2018

Posted By: ping1400This “human created” text is to fool spam filters.
    TNX. Makes sense.
    But it turns out that it is human created, and quite readable in the original as well. Whoever sent the spam has good taste.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2018

This one ended up on my Facebook newsfeed this morning.....

Eco Fuel Scam?

Seems to be some kind of blanking plate for the engine management / diagnostics connector
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2018

It's a rather indiscreet colour for a blanking plate unless you car is upholstered in lime green