Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009 edited

I would expect numerous legal actions to be launched by consumer advocates if what My_Pen_is_Stuck prognosticates actually happened.

ETA (Damned flux!)
    • CommentAuthorlurklurk

Posted By: my_pen_is_stuckYou excitedly jump head first into the pool for a refreshing swim. You instantly realize that the water is REALLY F#@KING COLD and jumping in was a huge mistake. Your friends call out after you shouting "How's the water?". To which you reply, "Yeah, it's not bad once you're in. Er, actually it's quite warm. Come join me!"

This "demo" will actually be the full commercial launch of orbo. Steorn will show feeble spinny things that can not be either proven or dis-proven. Excited members of the public will dive in head first buying a license, buying a Steorn hall probe and some ZeroF bearings. When their friends ask "How's the orbo coming along?", They'll shout "Fine! I'm 100% convinced it really works. Er, I had mine running for 8 hours last night. Come join me!"

A few smart individuals will cry "Fraud". But they will be howled down by the deluded believers who really believe they see orbo working. Steorn will say anyone who can't get orbo working simply lacks the engineering skills to build one. Steorn will will use all the nut jobs in the cold swimming pool as proof, "The water really is warm. We have X number of people telling us so."

When the water runs off, you can see who's swimming naked.
    You excitedly jump head first into the pool for a refreshing swim. You instantly realize that the water is REALLY F#@KING COLD and jumping in was a huge mistake. Your friends call out after you shouting "How's the water?". To which you reply, "Yeah, it's not bad once you're in. Er, actually it's quite warm. Come join me!"

This "demo" will actually be the full commercial launch of orbo. Steorn will show feeble spinny things that can not be either proven or dis-proven. Excited members of the public will dive in head first buying a license, buying a Steorn hall probe and some ZeroF bearings. When their friends ask "How's the orbo coming along?", They'll shout "Fine! I'm 100% convinced it really works. Er, I had mine running for 8 hours last night. Come join me!"

A few smart individuals will cry "Fraud". But they will be howled down by the deluded believers who really believe they see orbo working. Steorn will say anyone who can't get orbo working simply lacks the engineering skills to build one. Steorn will will use all the nut jobs in the cold swimming pool as proof, "The water really is warm. We have X number of people telling us so."
    • CommentAuthorlurklurk
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

Damned flux, yeah. Seems the post's timestamp is incorrectly stored in database. Should be fixed.
    Posted By: loremanI would expect numerous legal actions to be launched by consumer advocates if what My_Pen_is_Stuck prognosticates actually happened.

ETA (Damned flux!)

Yes the flux is particularly bad this season.

If they run it like a religion they might get away with it. Just look at Scientology.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDerrickA

Ask Doc Brown for a flux capacitor. That ought to stabilize things.
    Just don't confuse him with Charles M. Brown, or you might get a diode array instead.
    Posted By: lurklurkDamned flux, yeah. Seems the post's timestamp is incorrectly stored in database. Should be fixed.

It's all pcstru's fault. Never would have happened if he hadn't encoraged all those lurkers to start posting.
    ;^)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNewsEditor

Posted By: my_pen_is_stuckYou excitedly jump head first into the pool for a refreshing swim. You instantly realize that the water is REALLY F#@KING COLD and jumping in was a huge mistake. Your friends call out after you shouting "How's the water?". To which you reply, "Yeah, it's not bad once you're in. Er, actually it's quite warm. Come join me!"

Oh dear, I think you may have this the wrong way round.
    • CommentAuthorlurklurk

Posted By: my_pen_is_stuck...Steorn will will use all the nut jobs in the cold swimming pool as proof, "The water really is warm. We have X number of people telling us so."

A swimming pool indeed. The water might be a little cold-ish this time of the year. Steorn demo visitors, bring your swim vests.

@overconfident: Sorry, my bad. You see I'm still new to this flu*xing time phenomenon. In my defense, I would like to say that I've read that this forum was open 24 hours and was not sure whether that's Eastern or Pacific time.