Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Posted By: aber0derBrian, do you live in America or in Canada?

Is that a trick question? I'm sorry I don't know the answer - I'm new here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013

Welcome.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: Bryan LittleIs that a trick question? I'm sorry I don't know the answer - I'm new here.

Assume all the questions here are of the trick variety.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The correct answer is North America.

Unless you come from Blighty or Oz.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013 edited

The last time I took a Peace Vitamin I was still seeing trails a week later. Shit is righteous, maaaaan.
    Does that have anything to do with White Rabbit peaking while taking a bath?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR8LFNUr3vw
    • CommentAuthorthehard

Welcome Bryan.

Posted By: Bryan LittleCan anybody explain to me why debunkers attack Mr Rossi's eCat? It is so badly needed in the world that I would expect scientists to support it wholeheartedly.

We also need the world and, we keep attacking it. And we also need our bodies and keep eating bacon.

But those are not equivalents. There's a legitimate reaction to anyone who claims that he can produce free energy. Two, indeed: either he's delusional or he is a conman.
    ECats are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

"Show me the sausages ...."

Thanks once again to ben for that one.
    very kewl
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013

Posted By: alsetalokinECats are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.
    Have you ever retired a working free energy technology by accident?
    Posted By: thehardWelcome Bryan.

Posted By: Bryan LittleCan anybody explain to me why debunkers attack Mr Rossi's eCat? It is so badly needed in the world that I would expect scientists to support it wholeheartedly.

We also need the world and, we keep attacking it. And we also need our bodies and keep eating bacon.

But those are not equivalents. There's a legitimate reaction to anyone who claims that he can produce free energy. Two, indeed: either he's delusional or he is a conman.

I don't understand most of the responses. Mr Rossi has not claimed to be producing free energy but is obtaining fusion energy from Nickle. It is putting two Nickle atoms together and getting Copper plus some energy. This is new science but not free energy. It is something like nuclear weapons but controllable.

So far I have read 142 of the posts in the thread on Mr Rossi's eCat. Most of them don't explain why it is wrong, they just complain about how he has done his measurements. I think that is just armchair science - at least he has done the measurements and anybody who disagrees will have to show better measurements. I will continue reading to see if there is anything useful. Too bad that so many moletrap "scientists" can't come up with something useful.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

@Bryan: Well spotted. Most of them are skeptopath's. They wouldn't find cold fusion if it frostbited their arses. Also be aware of @MaryYugo, she's a calorimeter salesperson so his opinions are to be ignored, IMHO. Welcome to the forum!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: Bryan Littleanybody who disagrees will have to show better measurements

Recipe for making better measurements:

1. Hire a Gypsy.

2. Steal an ecat.

3. Take it to your lab and measure it.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited

Posted By: Bryan Little
    I don't understand most of the responses. Mr Rossi has not claimed to be producing free energy but is obtaining fusion energy from Nickle.

There is no evidence for this contention. If you change your "is obtaining" to "has claimed to obtain" then your statement is correct.

It is putting two Nickle atoms together and getting Copper plus some energy.
    No it isn't. This statement doesn't even correspond to the wildest LENR/CF claims. If you put two Nickles together, you get a Dime, not fusion energy.

This is new science but not free energy. It is something like nuclear weapons but controllable.

Nuclear weapons release something like ionizing radiation. Where is anything like that in the ECat? Your simile is making me smile.

So far I have read 142 of the posts in the thread on Mr Rossi's eCat. Most of them don't explain why it is wrong, they just complain about how he has done his measurements. I think that is just armchair science - at least he has done the measurements and anybody who disagrees will have to show better measurements.
    Now we are getting somewhere. We know, at the very least, that you can read and write English. That is an accomplishment, and almost a prerequisite for a successful career around here. Perhaps there is even evidence of a certain small numeracy.
    If you will please send me a complete ECat of any generation, hot lukewarm or cold, I will very happily show you better measurements. I wouldn't use UPS, they don't have a very good record shipping FE devices. Sorry, I meant fusion reactors. Thank you for pointing out, though, that without better measurements, Rossi cannot credibly claim anything.
    I will continue reading to see if there is anything useful. Too bad that so many moletrap "scientists" can't come up with something useful.

Don't strain your brain, there, Bryan (or Brian) Little, ickle pickle you.

(Which is better, armchair science, or barstool science? How about some nice science al fresco?)
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: Bryan Littleanybody who disagrees will have to show better measurements

Recipe for making better measurements:

1. Hire a Gypsy.

2. Steal an ecat.

3. Take it to your lab and measure it.

What's the Gypsy for, then? And what does your average Gypsy measure, anyway?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: alsetalokinWhat's the Gypsy for, then? And what does your average Gypsy measure, anyway?
    The Gypsy is, or course, required to steal the ecat. Rossi won't give them up for testing voluntarily. And you guys are always telling me use qualified professionals, remember?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

On behalf of Gypsies everywhere I protest the slander. There is not one example on record of a gypsy having stolen an eCat.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Posted By: AngusOn behalf of Gypsies everywhere I protest the slander. There is not one example on record of a gypsy having stolen an eCat.
    Maybe not but there is plenty of evidence that they have not only stolen but also cooked and eaten other types of cats, for example house.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: Bryan Little
    I don't understand most of the responses. Mr Rossi has not claimed to be producing free energy but is obtaining fusion energy from Nickle. It is putting two Nickle atoms together and getting Copper plus some energy. This is new science but not free energy. It is something like nuclear weapons but controllable.

So far I have read 142 of the posts in the thread on Mr Rossi's eCat. Most of them don't explain why it is wrong, they just complain about how he has done his measurements. I think that is just armchair science - at least he has done the measurements and anybody who disagrees will have to show better measurements. I will continue reading to see if there is anything useful. Too bad that so many moletrap "scientists" can't come up with something useful.
    So Mr. Rossi makes these claims of being able to generate massive amounts of heat energy at very low cost using some new secret process. There are several ways of going about trying to determine whether his claims this time around are any better than say his false claims of thermoelectric converters of amazing efficiency about ten years ago. Strangely Mr. Rossi seems uninterested in anything involving reliable measurement. Strangely Mr. Rossi claims that he had one of his reactors heating a company's factory for a couple of years, and now sadly that company has gone broke and the reactor cannot be found. Strangely Mr. Rossi dons heavy coats each winter and heats his own premises with ordinary propane heaters instead of by his accounts his much cheaper to operate machines. Strangely Mr. Rossi claimed that he would have a fully robotized factory in place by the end of 2011 cranking out a million home reactors per year, yet there is no sign that such a factory ever broke ground. So which part of Mr. Rossi's fairy tales do you think are supported by solid evidence?