Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Life on an Eyeball Planet? It's Possible
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NOW3AormJc
    See? Toldya!
    Everything is possible, until one tries it.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanGraft
    https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-ula-nasa-launch-contract-win-vastly-overpriced-official-protest/

I'm not sure I want my rocketships to be built by the lowest bidder.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2019

Oh boy, have I got a rocketship for you, then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Is it autophagic?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I don't know but it's very expensive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

The Cheshire cat spacecraft.
    Emily Levesque at Perimeter Institute:

The Weirdest Stars in the Universe
    I just wish they'd ditch that smarmy cunt who does the intros. He makes my toes curl.
    I don't like him either, but I always have regarded toe curling as a positive symptom. Not as positive as toes pointing, but nearly so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2019

What's the matter? He seemed astonishingly ordinary to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2019

I'm almost finished creating my new 'fullangus'... Nice Beach, BTW
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2019

Might need a roo-bot crew?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2019

It is so damn annoying that some co-orbitals haven't already been explored already along with the moons of Mars, all orbital mass near planets are precious even if they don't have any water or precious mineral.
    One way a relatively low cost interstellar semaphore could be constructed is with a thin ring rotating around the sun which encodes the first primes in unary code with its occlusions.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanOne way a relatively low cost interstellar semaphore could be constructed is with a thin ring rotating around the sun which encodes the first primes in unary code with its occlusions.

So... has anyone applied advanced cryptography techniques to the light curve of, say, KIC 8462852 ?

Maybe it's grinding out ternary-coded triskedecimal representations of the nth-through-n+xth digits of the nonary expansion of Euler's number, as an intelligence test... that we aren't passing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2019

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanOne way a relatively low cost interstellar semaphore could be constructed is with a thin ring rotating around the sun which encodes the first primes in unary code with its occlusions.

Relatively low cost compared to ... presumably other fantasy schemes like encasing the sun in butter but otherwise the most expensive engineering project ever.