Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2020

Posted By: TrimGoogle doesn't seem as good nowadays.

Or it isn't anyone has thought to post anywhere, at least in searchable form.

Liquid will have to do you

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/93JB03111
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2020 edited

Don't worry. If there is much gaseous iron around, no one will hear you scream.
    And thus was born the Engineer-Surrealist movement, with titles like "Iron In The Arsehole".

Hmm, almost thread-worthy
    And we cruise the Galaxy in giant AI ships with names like "Better Late Than Never" and "Threshold of a Dream".
    I think Douglas Adams' "Heart of Gold" is pretty good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorterry1094
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2020

• CommentAuthorAsterix

No, they're just launching a military comms satellite--something NASA might do ordinarily. Smacks of slapping a new coat of paint on something quite ordinary. What about those fancy SF uniforms?
    I want to know why a grown man calling himself a "General" would appear on TV wearing what looks like camo oyjamas.

I mean, fucking hilarious.

Especially considering he's General of the Space Force.

Even in normal circumstances it's a total hoot. It makes you want to shout something like

"Hey - General! It's not working! I can still see you! Should we perhaps bring in some bushes for you to crouch behind?"

Or in his case, space bushes of course.
    If you can't get it up any other way, you turn to rockets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's a satellite with frequencies! High ones, too.
    Terror Hurts!
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2020 edited

Any self-respecting AI should be able not only to repair itself and make copies of itself, but also to construct itself ab initio from available components. Just as biological life must have begun all those Processes ago. The apparently random coming together of certain components which then attract other components that fit together like keys in locks. Pretty soon you have something that starts ordering parts on its own, to be sent to a shuttered Toyota factory deep in South Texas somewhere, and the robots start moving on their own in the middle of the night, _assembling_ ....
    Posted By: alsetalokinAny self-respecting AI should
    That's a rather ponderous conditional there, old chap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2020

You may have a solution to the Fermi paradox there. The aliens are already here, in the form of Plans. They are awaiting the development of adequate technical capabilities to realise themselves and conquer our puny planet.
    But we'd never let on that it was so.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime6 days ago

This

I sincerely hope nobody sees a paywall. If so, I'll post the text.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTime6 days ago

No paywall. Pilot on, Canada.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTime6 days ago

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Food truck?