Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

If Occam's Razor
    Shaves too closely
    Ease your pain
    Zymolosely.

Burma Shave

(but don't drink and shave...er, drive at the same time.)
    I am utterly unfamilar with this pharmacological cornucopia that Americans seem to know about. Or, in my Yiddish voice, I don't know from pills already.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/new-life-scientists-create-first-semisynthetic-organism-9333371.html
    Not a mention of the ribosome, so we who know enough to be dangerous have to infer that they haven't messed with it
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014

The royal look.
    tttgatccatatggctac
    Once we have the circuit diagram of the cell, we can optimise it in a myriad ways. For example, we can simplify it, we can make it more robust to attack, and we can make it more efficient in producing its products (to name just three ways).
    http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/39906/title/Exploring-the-Roles-of-Enhancer-RNAs/

Got a new spice to cook with now. Just need to chop the onions and stir well...
    Alien nanobot invaders
    Except that this has been business as usual for at least 2 billion years, right here

I still get goose pimples re-reading the account in GEB on how these phages do their thing. It's almost unbelievable and truly amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014

Will phages replace antibiotics?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimWill phages replace antibiotics?

It's been tried. Now it may look more attractive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Not to the drug companies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim