Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013 edited

Posted By: legendreWhat exactly is this thing, anyway?

It looks like the large vacuum cap & the black coil (around the glass vessel) form a tank circuit. The loosely-coupled two-turn copper coil must be a primary winding - and this is where he's pumping in some unknown quantity & frequency of RF?

Any thoughts? Is there much more to it?

How in the hell does he expect this shit to fuse hydrogen into helium?

Yeah, it's basically a radio transmitter with the output into the coils, and his idea is that he gets more reflected power than forward power, when the hydrogen fuses to helium, I think, so that is overunity by anyone's definition, isn't it? 200 watts input to the final, 5 watts forward and 7 watts reflected showing on the SWR meter == OU !!!!
    Give me a block of cheese (Tilsiter may be best) and I'll give you only 1 Watt forward and 50 Watts back! Now that's real cheese power :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

But Derby won't work.. it's too, um, sage for that.

ETA: Oh yes, I am was ever so pleased with myself!

ETA2: Had to fix the spelling of Derby, as some old cunt had to call me on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Do you perhaps mean Derby?

(Pronounced "Darby", of course, except when discussing the US version of the bowler hat)
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2013

Yes, that's correct. I've never paid attention to the spelling, I only know it by spoken name.

But fuck you for wrecking my joke anyway.
    Angus and jokes are not mixing well today
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Sorry old man, but we can't have moletrappers going about feeling pleased with themselves, now can we?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlegendre

Posted By: AngusSorry old man, but we can't have moletrappers going about feelingpleasedwith themselves, now can we?

Failing to respect my common turn of phrase, are you? Try to deconstruct my language, would you?
    OK, I'll volunteer to feel a bit down for bit so legendre can have a jolly good time with his Wise Hat
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's what we do around my house. Sure beats trying to second-guess what might be in LMM's head. In fact I really DON'T want to think about that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEndeavour

I wish I knew what was in my head sometimes.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: EndeavourI wish I knew what was in my head sometimes.
    I think it's full of squidgy jelly stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Seems very likely in Trim's case.
    If one were conscious of all the concurrent processes occurring in one's brain, one would become insane at worst, paralysed and non-functional at best. There's a reason we have an unconscious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That's a non-sequitur unless you are saying the "unconscious" is the part of the mind that deals with all those details. I'm not sure that is what people mean by the unconscious. It usually seems to be a sort of weird version of the conscious mind, just not always in evidence.
    Yes, I'm saying that, of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh. OK. Then it is raised to the status of tautology.
    Perhaps not. Just because we're not built that way doesn't mean that we couldn't be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

If it's a tautology, we are.
    No, we're not.