Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Quite understandable
    •  
      CommentAuthormagic moment
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015 edited

How can you discuss it without reading it? This isn't the US Congress.
    Congress can read?
    This passes as wit here
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Who reading here _besides me_ has actually done Biefeld-Brown experiments, in air, in vacuo, and in transformer oil? At voltages up to 160 kV? Using all kinds and geometries of capacitors, such as solid blocks of BaTiO, etc?

Who has made and flown "Lifters"? Who has an electrostatic ion thruster sitting on their shelf right now?
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreymandoubtless spurious.
    I've read tons about them. Is it ionization, ablation or both. You know about the NASA patents, right?
    Bahder tested in vacuum and found nada. Might even have been al
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: Andrew Palfreymandoubtless spurious.

Posted By: magic momentI've read tons about them. Is it ionization, ablation or both. You know about the NASA patents, right?

Right. I'm sure that if the Arxiv paper included something new and worthwhile, somebody else who did read it would have mentioned it. Simply knowing that the experiments were done in air is enough to scare me off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2015

SA

Independent expert confirms that the "impossible" EM Drive actually works.

http://www.sciencealert.com/independent-scientists-confirm-that-the-impossible-em-drive-produces-thrust
    That's BS. His SNR sucks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Posted By: alsetalokinWho has an electrostatic ion thruster sitting on their shelf right now?

Sort of guilty ... for small values of 'ion thruster'.
    I have also to confess to that, but I had to go inside the unit (air purifier) and disconnect it, because it was affecting my mood. When you're pounding out hundreds of lines of code per day of a numerical nature, a clear head is paramount.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin

Somehow, I actually believed that contained within the term "thruster" was the implicit corollary "designed primarily for or to demonstrate propulsion". I'm sorry.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

So you should be.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI When you're pounding out hundreds of lines of code per day of a numerical nature, a clear head is paramount.

I've done that--we called it "absolute programming"--similar to reading a binary dump in reverse. It's been decades since I've had to do that, however. Symbolic programming won the day.

Get yourself an assembler--it's lots easier than remembering all those numeric opcodes and calculating addresses of jump targets.
    Woah there Neddie! Major cognitive disconnect.
    It was C++, but that doesn't prevent the context being predominantly mathematical in nature.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

No, but machine instructions are also numeric in nature. I take it that you've never tried to write machine code while drunk. It doesn't work very well, either.
    Bearing in mind that I wrote my first program in 1965, you can appreciate that the probability of me having done all that, and more, is pretty high. We all had to suffer for our sins back in the day.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2015 edited

Feh, IBM S/360 era.

Writing machine code while drunk? (No, I don't mean assembly) What systems?