Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2020

Thanks, probably would have been used as a rocket fuel as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2020 edited

Scientists discovered a new energy source eight times more powerful than nuclear fusion.

https://www.fanaticalfuturist.com/2017/11/scientists-discover-a-new-energy-source-eight-times-more-powerful-than-nuclear-fusion/
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2020

The researchers were keen to point out that their work is still purely theoretical, and that they haven’t tried to fuse bottom quarks, though they note it should be technically feasible at the LHC.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2020

As lasers and electron beams get incredibly more powerful a much smaller LHC might be capable as well.
    Posted By: Trimincredibly
    I don't believe it either
    Fusing two bottom quarks? That's how you make Ice-9, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2020

Any info since 2010?

How to build a warp drive from mega materials.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2010/09/29/90189/how-to-build-a-warp-drive-using-metamaterials/
    If we told you...well, you know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

That's the idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2020 edited

Ice Nine! Invented by Kurt Vonnegut's brother, the atmospheric scientist who tried to shoot Estes rockets into the core of a tornado ...from a single-engine plane diving at said tornado! (In an attempt to show that Tornadoes are actually electric motors, since after all they deflect the compass headings of all nearby weather stations, roughly estimating 500amp vertical current in one instance. Mention this on sci.geo.meteorology, and the entire research community will hate you forever.)

Cat's Cradle missed an important point: when catalyzed, the oceans solidify only until heating to the melting point (in the story it was 140F.) So, within hours the entire atmosphere leaps up to 140F, except on previously-frozen conventional icepacks, and large remaining pools of non-140F ocean ringed by 140F ocean.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The problem with Ice-9 is the same as the problem with the hydrino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2020 edited

Posted By: AngusThe problem with Ice-9 is the same as the problem with the hydrino.

And also the same as Kurt's Tralfamadorian antigravity engine. Turn it on, and it really works, but also triggers a spacetime phase-transition which destroys the universe. Since the sun isn't imploding within seconds, then there must be a problem with hydrogen collapsing to form Mills' "non-radioactive neutrons." Maybe Mills can build a Hydrino-bomb, but where it ends up being precisely the same as known fusion weapons.

BTW there's a new BLP book out, by a local Seattle guy I believe. Lots of cool art, looks like the artist from SciAm CL Stong articles. (He was giving a talk at the Seattle Skeptic meetup. I shoulda bought his paperback.)

Found it: Randell Mills and the Search for Hydrino Energy, Brett Holverstott
    Poor, poor Randell.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2020

Whaddya mean "poor". Good old Randell's been successfully running the long con for decades.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty

Posted By: Asterixrunning the long con for decades.

Blacklite Power Inc., "Don't look too close."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Gee, Billbo...you *are* behind the times. Randell has renamed the company to "Brilliant Light Power". Still BLP (not to be confused with BLM. So, your beanie cap with the initials remains valid.)

https://newenergytreasure.com/2015/11/22/blacklight-power-gets-a-new-name/

circa 2015
    •  
      CommentAuthorwbeaty
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2020 edited

Posted By: goatcheezGee, Billbo...you *are* behind the times.

Or, bait offered to provoke the response, wherein next I point out: The Motto "Don't look too close" applies to black holes, scam companies, and even more appropriately of course (in synergestic combination!) to BRILLLLLLLIANT LIIIIGHT POWAAAH!!!! (Making sane men blind since 1991. Hee.)

Safire stealin' investors? Small ecological niche there, no? The battle of the vacuum chambers, Randell versus Philo versus Electric Universe (in tag-team beat-down action sunday sunday sunday? Ima gettin way too punchy. Luchadores poster-art needed. Sell the tee shirts at Amazing Meeting.)

Me, I found a $300 working turbo to add to my old Edwards vane pump. Now gone below a micron, blowtorch-insta-bakeout. Just need even more kilovots and I'll be a contender. Attach a fusor to yer lasor!! (Nikola's collection of "dusty glass bottles" are where is all happenin'. The Corums' Army-contracted Teflon-slab death-ray device was a failure-mode after all. Poor poor AEI couldn't Banshee[1] the IEDs.)

[1] mine clearance via "halftime show" -sized Tesla coils on trucks. Wotta great scam! Didn't actually work. Ionatron Corp./AEI went all the way to Phase-IV DOD funding, then failed, now all put in storage. A billionaire Tesla-groupie should swoop in and buy it, just for the accompanying Death Ray patents.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2020

On-demand Hydrogen Production from Organosilanes at Ambient Temperature Using Heterogeneous Gold Catalysts.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep37682