Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAtom
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009

This is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

If it is producing excess energy then why not replace the D cell battery with a 1 Farad capacitor?

This is not free energy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: AtomThis is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

If it is producing excess energy then why not replace the D cell battery with a 1 Farad capacitor?

This is not free energy!

it appiers you have some brain afterall:D LOL
    • CommentAuthorAtom

[quote][cite]Posted By: genesis[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Atom[/cite]This is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

This is not free energy![/quote]

it appiers you have some brain afterall:D LOL[/quote]

Thanks Genesis, you're not all bad yourself.
    • CommentAuthorzed350

Does it use a battery then?
    doh
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: Atom

Thanks Genesis, you're not all bad yourself.

LOL...thank you:DD
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Well even if the Orbo is a bitter disappointment at least Genesis and I are now friends ;-)
    Posted By: zed350Does it use a battery then?
    doh

Yes, set in the cutout in front of the rotor, you can see the wires coming from them, so heres the claim, with these AA batteries we will be powering a 550HP motor to prove our claim!
    What a fucking joke!
    Posted By: AtomW.... at least Genesis and I are now friends ;-)

Hope we get an invite, personally I'd like to skip the ceremony and go straight to the reception.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Note the clever use of music with a strong beat.

Note the rotors are big and chunky, that D Cell Orbo (now known as the Dorbo) looks good for 100 horses.

Note that they do not have an overcharge light for the battery!
    Posted By: my_pen_is_stuckWhat a fucking joke!

Has it ever been anything else since the kinetica fiasco?
    • CommentAuthorAtom

I want to say on behalf of Joshs "he told us so!"

What a Joke this Steorn is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: RunningBare
    Posted By: AtomW.... at least Genesis and I are now friends ;-)

Hope we get an invite, personally I'd like to skip the ceremony and go straight to the reception.

LOL ORB YOU RB:D

i just wonder why they did not use a capacitor instead of d-cell...would be more credible...
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited

Or just disconnect the battery once it got started......and let the damn thing power itself....whilst obviously doing 'some work' of course
    • CommentAuthorAtom

I really really hoped it might be true even though I was 99.9% sure it was not. I just could not believe there was any reason for Steorn to put on such a BS event.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

AhAh, maybe it is based on QM and the battery is needed to observe (so to speak) the over-unity!
    Posted By: Atom I just could not believe there was any reason for Steorn to put on such a BS event.

They owe about 14,000,000,000 euros, yeah, I'd say they had a reason to put on this BS event.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

[quote][cite]Posted By: RunningBare[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Atom[/cite]I just could not believe there was any reason for Steorn to put on such a BS event.[/quote]

They owe about 14,000,000,000 euros, yeah, I'd say they had a reason to put on this BS event.[/quote]

You think avoiding spending time at the pleasure of the Irish Govt? If so I think they need a new lawyer.
    • CommentAuthorAtom

Well, this has been the biggest let down of 2009. However I look forward to the next launch in 2011.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: AtomThis is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

This is not free energy!
    Why not load the generator with the free energy?