Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAtom
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009

[quote][cite]Posted By: joshs[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Atom[/cite]This is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

If it is producing excess energy then why not replace the D cell battery with a 1 Farad capacitor?

This is not free energy![/quote]Why not load the generator with the free energy?[/quote]

BTW, my apologies to you joshs!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: AtomThis is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

If it is producing excess energy then why not replace the D cell battery with a 1 Farad capacitor?

This is not free energy!
    Why not load the generator with the free energy?

it's already loaded can't you see - the battery is a load...!
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited

Posted By: genesis
    Posted By: AtomThis is rubbish. Take super low drag magnetic bearings, zero eddy current rotors and 1 D cell battery and you can make a rotor go at slow speed for at least a few weeks. Why do they have a Xmas break? why not let it spin for a few months?

This is not free energy!
    Why not load the generator with the free energy?

it's already loaded can't you see - the battery is a load...!
    What is keeping the battery from exploding?
    • CommentAuthorAtom

[quote][cite]Posted By: joshs[/cite]What is keeping the battery from exploding?[/quote]

Joule heating apparently.

Besides it might go boom on NYE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

What is keeping the battery from exploding?

get yourself an education - the motor can't you see:DDD emmm wait....
    •  
      CommentAuthorgenesis

Posted By: Atom
    Posted By: joshsWhat is keeping the battery from exploding?

Joule heating apparently.

Besides it might go boom on NYE!

this is how it's meant to be - the demo ends with a blowout:D
    • CommentAuthorloreman

A good stage magician would remove the battery with a flourish.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: loremanA good stage magician would remove the battery with a flourish.
    One can only hope that they intend to put on such a show. The one they have on is very boring.

The 2009 release video says they have a battery. That implies that the ultralame display is all there is.
    • CommentAuthorcedani

• CommentAuthorjoshs

"This is a pivotal moment for the company, and potentially for us as a species." I think Sean's slipped himself a few of his on ruffies. That or he's moved on to LSD.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Yeah, well, he's out there, isn't he?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

He's waaaay out there. Did you read the press release?
    I want to hear from Crastney. I don't expect Babcat and 007 to admit this demo is embarrassing, but I think he might.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: evolvealreadyI want to hear from Crastney. I don't expect Babcat and 007 to admit this demo is embarrassing, but I think he might.
    I don't share your view. We'll see.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

He's waaaay out there. Did you read the press release?

Oh my goodness yes! I wonder if Sean's mum was a virgin? I tell you what, if his lucky number involves a few sixes, I'd be making sure my bets were all covered in the religious stakes.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

If they proceed to sell their bunko licenses I think it could be quite hard for them to avoid charges. Maybe this is all just a big mind fuck and they will stop just short of doing that.
    So...it is going to change things for us as a species, and I can buy a license for 419 Euros? Not shooting very high, are they. That's the best deal I've been offered that didn't come from Nigeria.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuanten

Posted By: evolvealreadySo...it is going to change things for us as a species, and I can buy a license for 419 Euros? Not shooting very high, are they. That's the best deal I've been offered that didn't come from Nigeria.

The nigeria scam is also called a 419. Licence price 419 Euro. Coincidence ? You decide :).
    • CommentAuthorcwatters

See the launch video on the steorn home page. There an explanation of the demo rig and it's battery.

I'm sure Steorn must know that anyone with more than one brain cell won't buy this demo a proof of anything.

The demo machine looks to be smaller on the steorn site than implied by the live feed.
    • CommentAuthortestok

Unless someone independent is in there with test equipment...