Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

For really complex problems, you need one of these.
    M'shaft and Crapple have both done funnies recently.

M'shaft is going to skip Windows 9 and go straight to 10 from 8. Rumour is that version checking in legacy apps looks for 95 or 98 and just checks the 1st digit.

Crapple's iPhone 6+ is the same size as Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 but has one important difference - the iPhone bends easily and can fail as a result. The Galaxy is much stronger. They've banned a German review team who showed that.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/02/apple_blacklists_tech_journo_after_the_release_of_iphone_video_nasty/
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016 edited

I think it's ironic. Turing's bag was code-breaking. The prize this year is awarded for code-making.

Besides, I thought that quantum computing was supposed to make cryptography obsolete...

I suspect that the NSA already has the goods on the iPhone already--they're prohibited from turning it over to the FBI.

I'm sure our wacky legislators will fix Apple's clock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2016

• CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: johnqhttp://www.maxim.com/news/john-mcafee-iphone-shoe-2016-2

I'll agree with one thing--the FBI doesn't have the sharpest technical minds--and that's based on personal experience.

Really, all the FBI needs is a way to disable the auto-erase-on-10-bad-tries gambit. That wouldn't seem to be too difficult. As far as McAfee's other claims, I'd take them with a grain of salt.

Of course, the FBI could also ask the Russians or Chinese. Betcha the hack's already been done.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

US DoD invites hackers to test security

Uh huh. So what's wrong with this picture?
    They can afford the best people at the DoD. Their space program alone is bigger than the NASA budget. They are also a haven for The Great American Amygdaloid, a club which spends over half a trillion bucks annually and runs the military-industrial complex. It would be nice if they all became ill and died.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2016

But they don't have the best of the best of the best.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Sounds like a recruitment ploy to me. I know 2 former spooks who started their real-world careers that way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: johnqBut they don't have the best of the best of the best.

No. But they are all here on the moletrap.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: tinkerSounds like a recruitment ploy to me. I know 2 former spooks who started their real-world careers that way.

Ah, so the DoD wants to hire Bulgarian hackers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Anent johnq's comment about the best of the best of the best - I once had an occasion to have a discussion with a CSIS agent (Canadian Security Intelligence Service being roughly like the old MI5). I remember coming away from it with a strong sense of how remarkably dim the guy was.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjohnq

Posted By: tinkerSounds like a recruitment ploy to me. I know 2 former spooks who started their real-world careers that way.
    Actually, a quote from M.I.B.
    Same with the CIA spooks I've run into. Pigs with lipstick basically.
    • CommentAuthortinker

Posted By: AsterixAh, so the DoD wants to hire Bulgarian hackers?

I think they will hire anybody good they can get. And a defecting Bulgarian hacker would probably be very welcome.
    https://www.nextplatform.com/2016/03/14/intel-marrying-fpga-beefy-broadwell-open-compute-future/

Now that Intel have bought Alterra they're making some funky silicon
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2016

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNow that Intel have bought Alterra they're making some funky silicon

Altera.
    Yes, them too!