Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013 edited

I knew apple products were expensive, I didn't realise we were paying for them even if we don't buy them. All haill the Apple Tax.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013

It means that now is probably a good time to go short on Apple. Such practices are unsustainable. It also means that current Apple sales figures are inflated. If the 50% Verizon sales shortfall is any guide, then Apple's big cash driver: the iPhone has lost its mojo.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Like Microsoft in the 90s....who'd have thunk it?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: BigOilRepLike Microsoft in the 90s....who'd have thunk it?
    While I recall a number of unsavory things that MSFT did during their big growth days, I do not recall resellers having problems delivering 50% of sales quotas. That is more reminiscent of the days preceding the crash of Commodore Computer. Today, Apple has a lot of long term growth priced into their capitalization. That is not unlike MSFT, CSCO, and INTC, near the end of the 1990s. I am sure that if you offer, there are lots of people who bought CSCO at $80. in 1999/2000 who would love to sell it to you now at half that price.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

the iPhone has lost its mojo.

Quick! Somebody tell them in Waterloo!
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: joshsWhile I recall a number of unsavory things that MSFT did during their big growth days, I do not recall resellers having problems delivering 50% of sales quotas.

Yeah, I meant more broadly in terms of bullying retailers.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: joshsWhile I recall a number of unsavory things that MSFT did during their big growth days, I do not recall resellers having problems delivering 50% of sales quotas.

Yeah, I meant more broadly in terms of bullying retailers.
    I agree that MSFT did a lot of bullying that was very effective. Intel has as well. For example, Dell wanted to sue a bunch of whitebox PC makers over Dell patents those mfg's were violating. Intel saw that as a threat to sales and strong armed Dell into backing down. That's life in the shark pool. My point is that these actions have had the effect of hiding the actual sales performance and trends of Apple's key moneymaker from investors, and that the effect is not sustainable.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2017 edited

2017 Apple Tax Return: Free iWork, GarageBand etc. Apps For iOS And OSX Are Even Freeer Now:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/04/18/apple-imovie-garageband-iwork-free-for-all-users/
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

Posted By: Angusthe iPhone has lost its mojo.
    Yes. It's being replaced by Galaxy's. In addition to making calls, you can also use them to light your bonfire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2017

Posted By: maryyugo
    Posted By: Angusthe iPhone has lost its mojo.
    Yes. It's being replaced by Galaxy's. In addition to making calls, you can also use them to light your bonfire.
    But will Galaxy's mojo run on iOS? ...
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017

There's a reinvention of the iPhone in the works this year. Let's see what happens.
    The i2Phone
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Don't be negafive.
    Double your imagination!
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

It's supposed to have an OLED display. Have those advanced enough to view in outdoor daylight? I used to have a player with one and it washed out completely outdoors.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2021 edited

This is the thread I've looked for.

Somehow, on all recent perversions of MacOS, when I leave GarbageBand open and running in the background, for hours, the u-tubing(per Safari) is FFD-ing through everything.

Weird that AAPL still hasn't fixed it.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2021

Posted By: aber0derThis is the thread I've looked for.

I'm super glad you found it!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I wonder why moderated google-search videoes are not 'A' or 'THE' thing.
    Properly monetized those can earn one irredeemable shame and laughter.
    And in some low-income districts, Schadenfreude, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I know... It is...