Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

It would seem that Steorn have finally decided to man up and get down to some blatant public fraud. It's pretty lame though, isn't it? I was hoping for something like a really good stage magic trick. You know there's a trick because, for example, people can't catch bullets in their unprotected mouth but you can't make out how it's done. This has got a sodding battery in it.
    • CommentAuthorTesl01D
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009

OMFG... There's BATTERY in it.

It doesn't matter what it's there for. The deniers will stop right there.
    • CommentAuthorjoshs
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2009 edited

Posted By: Tesl01DOMFG... There's BATTERY in it.

Steorn's video tells you what it's for: It drives the motor. Like: Bedini, Newman, Lutec and countless others before them they claim the generator recharges the battery.
    Posted By: Tesl01DOMFG... There's BATTERY in it.

Deniers now? Brilliant. You think a battery powered electric motor is a good OU demo? Want to buy a bridge?
    • CommentAuthorzackson

In the diagram item - 28 Battery D-Size
    Hopefully at some point they'll pull the battery and it will keep spinning. That will at least demonstrate some showmanship and the fact that they respect their audience enough to put some effort into hiding a power source.
    • CommentAuthorzackson

Sean with a flourish - "And now I remove the battery and presto...... Oh"
    Posted By: zacksonSean with a flourish - "And now I remove the battery and presto...... Oh"
    It could spin for a Looooong time without the battery, if it's made right. Even with no magnets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

The battery is powering the invisible cooling fans for the bearings. So removing the battery would cause the bearings to overheat and the device to grind to a halt.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: evolvealready
    Posted By: zacksonSean with a flourish - "And now I remove the battery and presto...... Oh"
    It could spin for a Looooong time without the battery, if it's made right. Even with no magnets.

Especially with no magnets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

I hope they remove the battery too. I suspect that Steorn isn't sophisticated enough for that. I hope I'm wrong.

It's like the magic act where they pull the chair from underneath the babe and she floats in free space. Then you have the obligatory hoops passed over the body to show that there are no hidden cables.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

I think the very clear battery probably keeps them on the right side of fraud. If they started hiding stuff they would definitely be fucked.
    I just cannot believe some think this is a vindication of Steorn, it's nothing of the sort, they still have to prove their central claim of creating energy, this is still nothing but showmanship, I prefer Chris Angel myself.
    • CommentAuthorSPECTRE

As predicted; another HUGE fail for Steorn. I see that the believers are no where to be found; must have slunk back under their rocks.
    Posted By: BigOilRepI think the very clear battery probably keeps them on the right side of fraud. If they started hiding stuff they would definitely be fucked.

It's a good point. "It span for AGES. We genuinely thought it was OU."
    •  
      CommentAuthorThicket

The magic show is pretty boring it seems. After the initial crushing rush of a few dozen people, the live feed shows nobody looking most of the time. I guess they all have better things to do.

* Go to their doctors to wire their jaws back in place.
    * Throw out their old physics textbooks.
    * Rush to spend 400 something Euros to get in on the ground floor.
    * See their investment brokers about shares in magnet companies.

Perhaps the security guard is on coffee break and they're temporarily not allowing the public in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGrowler

Nah - the pub's open now.......
    I got this e-mail from Sterling Allan:

"The demo will run for eight days, then removed during the Christmas holiday, then commenced again in January, through the end of that month.

Seorn had hoped to get their ad in European press, but were not able to. However, the ad will show on AlJazeera (http://english. aljazeera. net/) beginning at 7:00 am.

The Steorn engineers' forum debated for a month whether to first disclose the all-magnet version or the electromagnet version of the technology. In the end, Steorn opted for the electromagnetic overunity version.

We'll be anxious to see how they demonstrate that the device is overunity.

The all-magnet version demo will apparently take place at a later date."
    They debated for over a month on whether to show an all magnet version?????? And opted for this kludge instead?
    Posted By: Thicket
    * Rush to spend 400 something Euros to get in on the ground floor.

Not 400 something, but 419. Incase you're not familiar with the meaning of the number, visit these sites:

http://419eater.com/
    http://www.scam419.com/

They can't be serious