Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

NW

I am such a clever clogs.

Animals and robots develop an unlikely scientific partnership.

http://www.nanowerk.com/news2/robotics/newsid=33645.php

Micro-robots will become soft and move like biological organisms.

http://www.nanowerk.com/news2/robotics/newsid=33563.php
    But will they have pouches?
    An image flashed before mine eyes... of a mechanoid spidery metallic bot crawling out of a roo's pouch. Creepy creepy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2013

Close? CLOSE?????????

*shakes head*

Unutterably lame.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2013

Uncanny Valley.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2013

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanAn image flashed before mine eyes... of a mechanoid spidery metallic bot crawling out of a roo's pouch. Creepy creepy.
    Metal SpiderBot
    Jes' where do I find these roo-bots, mate?

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2014 edited

Soon.

I am have a bit of trouble modifying their paws into proper hands and that psychic who was supposed to give me the winning Lotto numbers hasn't delivered yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2014

Posted By: TrimSoon.

I am have a bit of trouble modifying their paws into proper hands and that physic who was supposed to give me the winning Lotto numbers hasn't delivered yet.

Try a psychic.
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: magic momentJes' where do I find these roo-bots, mate?

There is, of course, a chrome exo-skeleton under that roo skin. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

They should make great butlers.

Or bouncers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: LakesThere is, of course, a chrome exo-skeleton under that roo skin. ;)
    It looks like it supports flash. Does it run hop on Linux? Is it the chrome or the chromium one? Why doesn't it seem to work for MY?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Only their electronic brain implants need some battery power.
    • CommentAuthorthehard

I'm pretty sure if the proper natural/artificial selection is procured, kangaroos would become intelligent in very few million years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Maybe they can then teach humans how to be intelligent.

The plan is for roo-bots to crew interstellar spaceships and then to nurture the humans they give birth to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Why would they do that, for heaven's sake? Once you've got yourself a working spaceship - go populate the galaxy with your OWN genes, innit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

It will probably take thousands of years to get to a decent extra solar planetary system.

Humans (even you) don't live that long, so that could mean a large very expensive multi generation star ship or dangerous suspended animation which would be more difficult to achieve the larger the lump of protoplasm involved, small clumps of cell however are regularly reanimated nowadays after being deep frozen.

In theory if an artificial uterus could be produced than human embryos could be brought to term when the journey finishes, the babies would have to then be 'nurtured' by robots.

If something goes wrong with the complicated nutritional balance of the artificial uterus then the project fails.

Marsupials however can be frozen as embryos defrosted and 'decanted after a month to grow up feeding on an artificial 'teat' , several generations could be produced even using 'natural means' each generation would be more intelligent than the last, until they are smart and willing enough to grow human embryos in their own bodies.

Of course humans might not be required as marsupials can be evolved to be much more intelligent than mere humans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimOf course humans might not be required as marsupials can be evolved to be much more intelligent than mere humans.

That was my point. Why would those marsupials ever nurture humans if they already have the spaceship in their little marsupial claws?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Of course, they would be modified and imprinted to absolutely adore humans, even a character like you Angus.

Of course humans could be modified to reproduce like marsupials, which would make increasing the population rapidly much easier.