Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

At least now you know the value of soon
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanC(50,5) = 1 in 2 million
    C(11,2) = 1 in 55
    Combined chance of a win = 1 in 116 million.

Something's wrong. For example, two random-without-replacement choices from 11: first choice, eleven possible numbers. Second choice, ten possible numbers. 11 x 10 = 110

Then we have, following the same pattern
    50x49x48x47x46=254,251,200
    and 254251200x110=27,967,632,000

What am I doing wrong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015 edited

I agree any 2 from 11 is 55

10 and 11 over 1 and 2 =110/2 =55
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015 edited

Yours is correct if the order matters.
    C(n,m) = n! / ( (n-m)! * m! )
    Posted By: TrimI agree any 2 from 11 is 55

10 and 11 over 1 and 2 =110/2 =55

Ah yes, I see. Because there are two unique ways to draw a particular pair, if order isn't important.

So there are 1x2x3x4x5= 120 different ways to draw a unique set of 5, again if order isn't important.

So, 254,251,200 / 120 = 2,118,760 different ways to draw 5 from 50.

Right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015

Random order applies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015

NBF

My Roo-bots are much more cuddly then these silly things.

Softbank, Foxconn and Alibaba are joining to sell $1600 humanoid robots like Pepper.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/06/softbank-foxconn-and-alibaba-are.html
    How unutterably twee
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2015

Expensive toy.
    I wonder if it could be taught to do algebra
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

My roo-bots with their plus human brain could, of course they would have a brain implant that would make them adore humans and want to please them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimMy roo-bots with their plus human brain could, of course they would have a brain implant that would make them adore humans and want to please them.

If you could just skip the kangaroos and develop that for people it would be a step in the right direction.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Forbidden I am afraid, just as well I suppose, imagine what would happen if I could control billions of beautiful women?

Growing a placenta on a chip may help scientists develop an artificial womb that would allow mammals to be born without a biological mother.

Even clones of Angus could be produced and sent hundreds of light years away or through a wormhole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: TrimForbidden I am afraid, just as well I suppose, imagine what would happen if I could control billions of beautiful women?

You misunderstand. I mean that you should develop a technique to make all humans love all other humans and want to please them. A number of major religions have been founded on this fairly anodyne premise. Think of your upside if you can get market share!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Not on earth I'm afraid, maybe in a space habitat or a Martian colony?
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

• CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015

Just in thread so I won't notebook you this time.

“koala cars” due to their marsupial-like appearance,

Has anybody seen the BBC 'Kangaroo Dundee' about raising orphan joey's and then freeing them?

It is on BBC Iplayer if anybody is interested.
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015 edited

Posted By: tinkerhttp://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/26/google-delphi-two-self-driving-cars-near-miss
    AutoDrive-Car-Rage!

"we’ll have safety drivers aboard with a removable steering wheel, accelerator pedal, and brake pedal that allow them to take over driving if needed.", that's a lot of gear to carry about, just replace all that with an Xbox controller. :)