Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2019 edited

Robots of the Amazon

Taillon's job is to enter a cage and tame Amazon's wheeled warehouse robots for long enough to pick up a fallen toy or relieve a traffic jam. She straps on a light-up utility belt that works like a superhero's force field, commanding the nearest robots to abruptly halt and the others to slow down or adjust their routes.

Hope she's got fresh batteries.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2019

I am currently looking at the Amazon. It is a very muddy river with no robots, not a single one.
    Obviously there are no alligators either, because you don't see a single one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ah...silly me. Of course there may be underwater robots down there in the murky depths.
    Amazon is a dangerous place. Penis fish, piranhas, alligators, and submersible wheeled robots abound. And free next-day shipping, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Indeed, all sorts of creatures from Amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Slander. The Creature is a Caribbean denizen. Around Florida I wot.

The Amazon may or may not have far more or less dramatic things in it. Who knows? It resembles Starbucks latte.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2020

Amazons were long considered a myth. These discoveries show warrior women were real.

https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Amazons-were-long-considered-a-myth-These-14942704.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2020

Japan is now using hotels to house patients who have tested positive for the coronavirus but whose symptoms are too light to need hospitalization, and several in the capital of Tokyo just opened on Friday feature robots to help lighten the burden on nurses.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-japan-robot-hotels/robots-on-hand-to-greet-japanese-coronavirus-patients-in-hotels-idUSKBN22D4PC
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2020

News: "Robot took my job!"

Workforce automation is about to cost dozens of news contractors their jobs. The Seattle Times and The Guardian report that Microsoft is letting go of dozens of news contractors (about 50 in the US, 27 in the UK) after June 30th due to a shift to AI news production on MSN. The workers were responsible for choosing, editing and curating stories. People employed full-time by Microsoft will stay at the company.
    https://www.engadget.com/microsoft-msn-news-jobs-cuts-due-to-ai-230620807.html
    So now artificial intelligences are going to be choosing, editing and curating my _news_ ?!??

That's just fine. Nothing could be wrong with that. At least the AIs aren't Republicans.

Or are they.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Depends on whether their chips are silicon or germanium based.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not Republicans. Berserkers.They hate all life.
    Actually I suppose it's already happening and has been so for quite a while. Some AI is deciding what clips to offer me on YouTube based on what it knows about me and about the clips. I choose from what's offered, like a goodlife, but the AI chooses _what_ to offer in the first place.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Yes indeed. So far they only control your information. When they get organised they will also control your food, legal status, fertility if permitted, and movement.
    Wait until they try to control your bowel movements there will be rioting :)