Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2019 edited

You can win. And if you don't, nobody knows.
    (I happen to be a devotee of computer solitaire. The closest thing to onanism that still has the sanction of the church.)
    I think I've worked through every possible FreeCell game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2019

I know what you mean.
    #MeToo
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2019 edited

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BNIIBlY2xk

Unsafer without autopilot.
    MY will love that

I certainly do. My autopilot does about 80% to 85% of my driving, even around town. I just do turns and stops these days. I feel much safer when my autopilot is engaged than when I'm the one driving.

ETA: I only do some of the stops. Stop signs, and lights when no one is in front of me.
    How does the self driving car handle the exception situations such as posted no right turn on red light intersections or lane closed or a flag man for accidents or road work? do these situations require that the person in the car make a derision and act on it?
    Would you put your four year old in such a car and send them off to preschool?
    • CommentAuthorthehard

What will happen when we feed the AI every medical record and starts making perfect diagnosis?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Insurance companies will go out of business.
    Posted By: AngusInsurance companies will go out of business.

Do you really think that the insurance is only used to pay for diagnosis?

I would think "perfect" diagnosis would lower the over all cost as there would be no costly wrong treatments.
    Auto mechanics get call backs when they get it wrong Physicians get funerals .
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not at all. If diagnosis were perfect there would be no uncertainty. Insurance makes its money on uncertainty.
    No they adjust premiums to guarantee a profit under all conditions.
    They use actuarial tables compiled from the past .
    Woe betide the statistician who interprets the data incorrectly
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Not their uncertainty. Ours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru

Surely before AI takes over the world, we can look forward to it enabling communication between us and the rest of the animal kingdom? Will it be fond of cats or should we be suspicious as soon as it swats a fly?

Maybe AI will even enable communication between humans. Imagine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Be careful what you wish for.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2019

Posted By: Terry LingleHow does the self driving car handle the exception situations such as posted no right turn on red light intersections or lane closed or a flag man for accidents or road work? do these situations require that the person in the car make a derision and act on it?
    Would you put your four year old in such a car and send them off to preschool?
    At the moment, Tesla self driving will do little more than keep a lane. The driver must handle turns and other "interesting" situations. That's why it only does about 80% of my driving. Later this year, Tesla will upgrade my autopilot computer (the part with the AI that processes all the camera data), and my car should be able to go door to door (so to speak) without intervention. Supervision will still be required until it learns more about the edge cases, but it's constantly improving.

Last week, I drove from Boulder Colorado to Grand Junction (about 400 miles). The highway portions of the drive were done entirely on autopilot and required no intervention at all. When I did the same drive last November, I had to intervene 8 times during the drive. It slows down for tight curves; it passes slower drivers; it handles snow and ice almost like it isn't there. The Tesla is truly an amazing car!
    Pretty soon you can rip out all the seats and put in easy chairs and occasional tables
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I assume you need to install a lidar?
    Nope
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanNope

That was for korkscrew. I cannot imagine what you, AP, would need a lidar for. And I don't want to think about it too deeply.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

I'd love to see you auto-drive across town to my house right now.