Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2019

Strange sort of voyeurism.
    I take hope from korkscrew's hope
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2019 edited

Posted By: TrimStrange sort of voyeurism.

Not really; road conditions are treacherous at best and impassable at worst. Let's see a self-driver maneuver through that. I would, for one, find that very entertaining.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2019

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2019

Leo's still got deep frown wrinkles, bags under the eyes. Eventually, the AI didn't know about those.
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2019

Posted By: AngusI assume you need to install a lidar?
    No. Tesla does nearly everything using cameras with overlapping views. It also uses sonar and radar for ranging. The hardware upgrade is a faster and custom-designed AI.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm pretty busy these days.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2019

Well, AI is the way things are going. I've read about lowly MCUs that have been announced with special AI-centric instructions. And then there's Intel's latest consumer MPUs with VNNI.

We can't stop or even slow this train.
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2019

I've colourised a short film through AI.

Ramón

This 1928 clip is probably the first sound film ever produced in Spain. I fed the frames to colourise.sg. Total man-hours devoted to these results, about half.
    Posted By: thehardI've colourised a short film through AI.

Ramón

This 1928 clip is probably the first sound film ever produced in Spain. I fed the frames to colourise.sg. Total man-hours devoted to these results, about half.

That's pretty remarkable. I wonder how much you had to tell the program for it to be that accurate.

My Spanish is very rusty but I could get enough of the gist to want the whole thing. Can you translate for us?
    • CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2019

Sure, he is a comedian and he is showing his two new inventions.

One is the monocle without a glass, that helps him see the reality as it is. And in 3d. Then he shows another monocle, this one is for the nouveau riche, designed to spark under the chanderlier.

It's all about posing and you have to know him a bit, and his era, in order to get it. He developed the concept of posturing as a humorous technique. He used to have a pipe in is hand all the time, although he didn't smoke from it, in order to look lordy, and then joke about it. Also, it's pretty interesting to see the many jokes that were made about new rich people in the late 20's.

If you take a look at the original footage, he goes on to make some impressions of very specific barnyard animals, then shows a big hand that is more powerful than the normal hands when speaking to an audience.

I didn't tell the site anything. I just sent the frames. The model was trained in Singapore and specializes in humans and nature. That's probably the reason there were problems with the clothing. I read on the site that they were probably going to take it down by the end of February and decided to run a macro from my computer that would send the frames overnight.
    https://coral.withgoogle.com/

Dev kits featuring new Edge TPU.
    Costs less than a carton of fags.
    Really?

I wish I had one.

But I don't smoke.
    Then you can't have one. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2019

A clear copyright violation. I shall report you to the most minatory authorities I can find.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2019

Woof.

For me it is an interesting pivot that might distinguish a potentially 'dangerous' (unbound) 'AI' / from the already known dangers of mere Machine Learning (not to say there aren't many more to come) such as dataset bias or seeming widespread ignorance/ignoring of (well, sure we knew about it in theory) of ML's vulnerability to ML adversarial attacks.
    When 42% of Yank voters approve of a serial liar and sociopath, I worry also about hacking wetware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2019 edited

It is a two party system. It is tribalism. The UK is not so radically different.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Theresa_May

27%

PUBLIC FIGURE
    Theresa May
    Theresa May is the 2nd most popular Conservative politician and the most famous. Theresa May is described by fans as: Admirable, Conservative, Confident, Assured and Commanding.
    Her, and the government she is leading, are also redefining reckless incompetence.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson

31%

PUBLIC FIGURE
    Boris Johnson
    Boris Johnson is the most popular Conservative politician and the 3rd most famous. Boris Johnson is described by fans as: Conservative, Humorous, Intelligent, Charismatic and Clever.
    He is also a shameless sociopathic cunt.
    The common denominator may be the same hacking source.