Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2020

I don't think it will take long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

When AI become self-aware, maybe they will know what made them so and enable our consciousness Upload.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: aber0derBut:Something stupid

Not sure about the mid-life crisis leather jacket. Bet he bought a Harley as well.

Yes. Too close. My harley will probably a 124.5 ccm 'brixton'. And a vegan gluten-free lactose intolerant brain case.
    Sad times ahead ...
    Headline: Math Conquers Itself !
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2020

Writing an expression in tree form is new? HLL compiler writers have been doing that for many decades.
    What is novel here is the discovery of a descriptive format which enables a neural network to generalise about mathematical patterns. What is aspirational here is that may lead to superior theorem provers, or even to brand new theorems.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2020

This brought to mind one of the stupidest design disputes I had ever encountered (before Trump). Bear with me on this one...

Like any compiler project, we divided the responsibilities up between project heads. (I got the backend code generation)

The front end guy insisted that the Legitimate And True output of his phase was an n-ary tree.
    The optimizer guy, who got his input from the front end, insisted that the Legitimate and True form was a binary tree.
    Neither would budge. Arguments got personal and the dispute ran for well over a week.

I was asked to adjudicate the situation. My solution? Grab a junior-level guy and tell him to write an n-ary to binary tree translation wedge. I think it took him about 2 days. The egos were huge and were not going to surrender to any common ground.

The compiler went to release with the "wedge" in place. Blefuscu and Lilliput had nothing on these egos.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2020 edited

Proving once again that all formal models are equivalent? As long as you have the right wedge....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2020 edited

Monococious at best. Like a racing car from the fifties.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2020

Posted By: alsetalokinhttps://www.thisworddoesnotexist.com/

Gerdantly manicocious

You made all that up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2020

Reciprocity eh
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2020 edited

It will be great fun when you can buy a Little Suzy Biochemist CRISPR CRTTER kit for your ten-year-old prodigy. She can download the genome file, genedit a bit here and there, bluetooth it to the Eze-Seq module, pour in the patented UltraMino starter fluid, and in a few minims she can unleash a custom-built organizm onto the whirld.
    Or grow her own tail, all before supper time.

But anent my post, it's interesting to see how two groups came at the issue of making CNNs work on general manifolds from two utterly different directions.
    All it needed was a neural Hamiltonian
    https://phys.org/news/2020-06-physics-neural-networks-chaos.html
    innit?
    I think it helps if your Dad was a hippy
    Ben Goertzel: Artificial General Intelligence | AI Podcast #103 with Lex Fridman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpSmCKe27WE

Such an interesting chap.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2020

Maybe perhaps

you find this

interesting.