Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2020

Cooking with water...

https://youtu.be/JAyw7OAcXDE
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2020

Posted By: AngusTimnit Gebru

Thanks, there is some interesting and unexpected information in that article. I had no idea that training a large language model was so costly, both in direct dollar costs and in carbon footprint (wow!)

But I knew this:

...most AI researchers acknowledge that large language models don’t actually understand language and are merely excellent at manipulating it...

And I know that the way to get past some of the shortcomings mentioned in the article is to focus less on larger and larger language models and shift focus to _deeper_ language models that can incorporate associational chains and values rather than just definitions of words in terms of other words. Large language models at present are like that annoying guest at a cocktail party who insists that she knows something about everything but really just knows jargon and can't string together an actual conversation on any topic of consequence.
    Sharper focus may mean less energy is required to attain the desired goal state.
    Jeff Dean was the visionary engineer who put together the first server farm of TPUs because he was first to push NNs internally. You can see why he's pissed off about all this.
    Can it play poker and win? Serious question.
    silver horses ran down moonbeams in her dark eyes
    those were the days, yes they were
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2020

Drop 'artificial'.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Would it not be nice to a computing architecture that can be measured in FUCKs or gigaFUCKs.
    .. and of course it runs K.OS as its operating system.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

So do I
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2021

Having a Quantrum!
    minor seven flat five
    use a pump
    no, not morris minor flat tyre....
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der