Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2021

Posted By: AngusI have noticed that whenever I make a purchase over the interwebs I am subsequently deluged with advertisements for the very same thing that I have already bought. This does not strike me as intelligent.

Advertising in general is not the industry/gewerbe(haha) to attract the brightest minds. Since their jobs are so boring they employ their creativity for mobbing.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2021

Tesla FSD beta 9 - some interesting and amusing views

https://youtu.be/wD_mF0OLJPs
    Nobody understands deep learning. Otherwise we'd just program the weights for the task at hand and we'd be done.
    https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-computationally-complex-is-a-single-neuron-20210902/

A real neuron is a lot more complex than an artificial one.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2021

I think the real complexity is in the connections between neurons.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

The real complexity is in the tendency of space time to clump into stuff that is somehow different from other stuff
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Deep. Headed for the Moletrap Dialect.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2021 edited

Thanks. I’ve just had a very strong Maccas hot chocolate and it’s brought on a bout of profundity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

There there. Just have a little lie down and it will probably subside. Although I'm not sure if the subsidence of a bout of profundity is a good idea, now that I think on it...
    • CommentAuthorloreman

I’m not sure that buying anything from Maccas is a good idea either (but I did win a free McChicken when I peeled the sticker off the side of the take-away cup-Oh happy days!)
    I wish you the joy of the free McChicken
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I like that, but I also don't.

:|
    • CommentAuthorkorkskrew
    • CommentTime5 days ago

I've always thought that Reality is Irrelevent would be a better name for the Two Minute Papers channel.