Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2018

Musk plans to make bricks with mud from Boring Co. excavation

I don't know how this amounts to making affordable housing, at least in California. To build with bricks requires skilled labor and you'll have to reinforce anything you build. An earthquake-safe brick house is very expensive in California.

Also, consider that bricks are usually baked at high temperatures--that's not cheap.

Sometimes I wonder if Musk is having a laugh at our gullibility.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

I sometimes wonder if he's just starting another plate spinning to distract us from the fact that a bunch of them are about to hit the floor...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2018 edited

It seems to be a fairly common technique south of the border. There is going to be an awful clang quite soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Musk is my hero so unless you want a Glasgow kiss be careful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Perhaps the bricks are to shore up his feet of clay and keep the adulation of the Trim camp fresh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I still have my notebooks beware.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2018 edited

The guy never ceases to amaze. We'll see if "Proof-rock" really does up tunnelling speeds by an ordsr of magnifude. That's a long bet.
    If a point-to-point BFR works, a launch pad out on the lake would be fine for Chicago too.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcikLQZI5wQ

Sucks when Musk is right, doesn't it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2018 edited

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcikLQZI5wQ

Sucks when Musk is right, doesn't it?

Wut? He wasn't right about Hyperloop and he still isn't. His major success was in getting his name plastered all over a different concept: maglev in an evacuated tube. The longest one so far is less than half a km. A long way to go yet.

You are being seriously previous, there.

And anyway, Musk is a piker. There are already maglev trains running in tunnels at Mach 2, and tunnelling machines that can bore 7 miles a day.

https://richardalanmiller.com/newsblog/nuclear-powered-military-tunnel-boring-machines-construct-underground-cities-and-nuclear-proof-subterranean-installations-pictures-of-13-million-boring-machine-alternative
    Piker definition, a person who does anything in a contemptibly small or cheap way.

Ha
    Hahah
    Hahahahahahahahahaa!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2018

Well, hell. I'd say 700 mph is contemptibly small compared to Mach 2, wouldn't you?
    Small like Paypal, Tesla, SpaceX, the various Hyperloop companies like Virgin, and Solar City?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Which of those goes at Mach 2 in a tunnel? Let alone boring the tunnel at 7 mi per day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Yes, exactly.
    Nice try
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Try wot? I provided a clear example of a secret US project at Area 51 that predates the "Hyperloop" hype. If you insist that Musk deserves credit for the idea of running a train in a vacuum tube (which is about all he contributed to Hyperloop) then you have to establish he has precedence. Obviously the Black Ops people were first. (Or Mr Schneider himself, if you think his story is a fabrication, though how could you...?)
    Wait...you actually believe Schneider?