Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2019

Great, instantaneous travel.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2019

Posted By: AsterixRide the Hyperloop in Dubai

...it doesn't go anywhere.

Anything that can quickly get you out of Dubai sounds like a good thing. I'll sidestep the issue by not going at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2019

• CommentAuthorthehard
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019 edited

“They’ve purchased a used boring machine. They’ve put a bore in the neighborhood where they developed the SpaceX product, and they’ve taken a Model 3 and put guidewheels on it and they’re running it through the tunnel at 60 mph. None of that, I think, is really significant from a standpoint of moving this process forward.”

Fascinating.
    Posted By: maryyugoWould you buy a flamethrower from that man?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-hyperloop-dreams-slam-into-cold-hard-reality
    And what have you done for the planet lately, my dear?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2019

Does refraining from selling flamethrowers to idiots count?
    He specifically said "Don't buy this"
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

That's teasing, not refraining.
    So what did you pay for it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

A little charm and consideration and I think you will find you never have to pay for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Sorry Angus that means you will have to open your sporran.
    Musk has some sharp edges, but his value to humanity is great, in my estimation. His denigration by far lesser lights causes me to simply sneer at these detractors. It causes me to feel disgust.
    https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/31/tesla-model-3-1-electric-car-in-europe/
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanMusk has some sharp edges, but his value to humanity is great ...
    Oh, please! Musk is a narcissistic billionaire and a bully. His value to anyone or anything beyond himself is purely incidental and any damage or benefits that might accrue from any of that will be purely collateral. He seems to have become the centre of a considerable personality cult. Yet another Steve Jobs.
    Jealous much?
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez

Posted By: thehard“They’ve purchased a used boring machine. They’ve put a bore in the neighborhood where they developed the SpaceX product, and they’ve taken a Model 3 and put guidewheels on it and they’re running it through the tunnel at 60 mph. None of that, I think, is really significant from a standpoint of moving this process forward.”

Fascinating.
    "And what did they do with the dirt," did you say? (watch out for flying cows)

Why, what else? They made bricks and built a lookout tower like the French in Monty Python's Holy Grail:

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-boring-company-watchtower-knight/ (we already have one)

The guidewheels are more like Tesla Motors sleds that Elon envisions whisking autos across LA at 125 mph.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanJealous much?
    Nah, personality cults just don’t do anything for me.

There is a disturbing (to me) obsessive and religious fervour and dimension to the devotion and the adulation that fans focus on the subjects of their obsessions. Mega-famous, wealthy and powerful celebrities, rock stars, actors, “influencers”, entrepreneurs, corporate gurus, spiritual leaders, charlatans, political leaders and religious leaders are, to me, all birds of a feather.

It seems to me that, in the USA in particular, the wealthy and the famous are particularly religiously venerated, which might go some way to explaining why the poor and the marginalized there seem to me to be particularly despised and religiously persecuted.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019

Posted By: Andrew Palfreyman
    Posted By: maryyugoWould you buy a flamethrower from that man?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-hyperloop-dreams-slam-into-cold-hard-reality
    And what have you done for the planet lately, my dear?

Strange logic that we have to do something "for the planet" (whatever that means) before we criticise the egotistical ambitions of an oligarch.
    Oh look. Another one.
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2019

Another what?