Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited

I think what people here are showing is a healthy skepticism for the idea, and healthy skepticism is what it richly deserves. I find it a little unsettling that so many other people seem to have taken it at face value. That's a little too reminiscent of some of the various unrelated operations we have been following over the years.

Which is not to say opposition to the idea. Perhaps with sufficient marinating in reality something similar may actually be made to work.

I gather refreshments will not be served, on the 20 dollar ride.
    Again, you appear not to have read the report, else you'd know that there is no aisle.
    Then how does one do potty?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014

Do you need an aisle to drink coffee?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: magic momentThen how does one do potty?

We had some hilarity on this issue last time. Good for nappy jokes as well.
    There's a rumour that you can get a shot of whisky with that nappy (diaper)
    Posted By: AngusDo you need an aisle to drink coffee?

No, but you need one to roll on the floor in, laughing.
    For serving refreshments, which was the question, an aisle is required. Or maybe robots spring out of the walls...dunno.
    Wouldn't a nasogastric cannula be better, considering the acceleration profile?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

<spew> <coffee> <everywhere>
    Since you haven't read the report, what the acceleration profile is - is known only to you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014

You mean if you read the report you will forget what you know?
    •  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo

Interesting... the new monetary standard is the cup of Starbucks. Some time ago, someone had proposed paying of debts in hamburgers (standard burger with cheese and fries) to bring some sense of proportion to large purchases. Imagine how many hamburgers it takes to buy a 747 for example.
    Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanSince you haven't read the report, what the acceleration profile is - is known only to you.

To get anywhere, first you need to accelerate, then you need to decelerate. Coasting in between is optional. Any way you look at it, it seems like a very sloshy ride. Heck, with the condition the track is in these days, you can't even count on your Amtrak coffee staying in the cup anymore.
    **shakes head **
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Posted By: maryyugoInteresting... the new monetary standard is the cup of Starbucks. Some time ago, someone had proposed paying of debts in hamburgers (standard burger with cheese and fries) to bring some sense of proportion to large purchases. Imagine how many hamburgers it takes to buy a 747 for example.
    StarBucks Poker?,I`ll see your Latte and raise you two Mocha's. :)
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2014 edited

In the UK it was 'Mars' chocolate bars. Considered to be useful since they used both local and imported ingredients, and required a wide range of energy sources to manufacture.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/9f128868-68b4-11da-bd30-0000779e2340.html#axzz2sGYRVtxs
    • CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2014

A Mars a Day, helps you Work, Rest, and Pay. :)
    I'm Faithfull to the brand