Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2017

Posted By: DuracellMy BMW X3 has a HUD.
    factory HUD's are geat- addons not always.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2017 edited

Mexico is part of North America, but few living in Mexico consider themselves to be norteamericanos.

No, I don't know why; I do know that many southern hemisphere American countries don't draw distinctions between North, Central and South America--it's all "America".

And yeah, my car's a Prius--and the owner's manual even cites the dimming of the nav display.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2017

Posted By: AsterixI do know that many southern hemisphere American countries don't draw distinctions between North, Central and South America--it's all "America".

In one fairly widespread view North and South America are one continent.

The six-continent combined-America model is used in France and its former colonies, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Latin America, and Greece.

Since the entirety of Latin America seems to see it that way, and they outnumber us, I'd say we should gracefully agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

If we can't walk properly while talking on tbe phone, how can we expect to drive safely?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2017

Posted By: AngusIf wecan't walk properlywhile talking on tbe phone, how can we expect to drive safely?

I really do believe that smartphone screens pose a danger to life. Perhaps future phones will not have them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2017

They do. But this was a demonstration that just talking on the telephone takes enough of your attention that your gait switches into a safety mode.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

On the local news tonight, it was reported that my state's legislature is enacting law against use of mobile phones while driving in any form, including GPS navigation.

It'll be interesting to see how well this works out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Actually, I think it's a good idea. GPS with voice works fine until it quits and takes ALL your attention to get back on track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017

Posted By: DuracellCould whiskey-powered cars make gasoline obsolete?

We certainly have enough beer-powered drivers...
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2019

•  
      CommentAuthormaryyugo
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2019

On the local news tonight, it was reported that my state's legislature is enacting law against use of mobile phones while driving in any form, including GPS navigation.

So, for example, Toyota's built in nav (Entune) which sucks is OK but Waze which works much better is not?

And what about phones built into the nav/com of the car?

I did once ride with a driving disaster of an Uber driver who dropped his phone and retrieved it from the floor while driving at maniacal speeds. I had a word with him and then rated him appropriately. Uber frowns heavily on bad ratings and drivers who accumulate more than a few are weeded/drummed out.

If my car mount falls off, it stays where it lands until I stop. And even from there, it keeps squawking.
    https://cleantechnica.com/2019/07/27/auto-experts-tesla-has-7-year-head-start-over-legacy-automakers/

EV deniers have stopped talking about "no demand" (except one prominent Kraut CEO). Now they're placing bets on the "crushing potential of Big Auto".

It's up there for entertainment value with John Oliver, but not in a good way.
    They should try the new TKAtomizer Fuel Processor. It fits in the boot (or trunk in the USA) and turns your feedstock into electricity, on demand, 24-7. Just stuff the feedstock into the intake hopper, hook your EV to the output, and ride along.

The ideal feedstock is readily available, too, under different regional and national monikers. Over here we call them Republicans.
    The "Tesla Killers"...years behind.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-n45JCxz8
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2019

The PC variant:

Nice floppy drives! I'd love to stick a disk in that....
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2019 edited

My Mac mini looks far worse.

ETA: And that's only half of the mess.