Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2020 edited

Half a mil SUV? The Cullinan by RR:

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2020 edited

Nobody still expects the Grand Inflation? Downsize while you can or feel the crunch.

It's going to be hurtful once the awakening kicks in.

Those Billionaires won't feed themselves, you lazy commoners. Up, up!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2020

All that crap just to make the car go from A to B. Reminds me of some 1920s radios--knobs and controls on everything just to hear what someone was saying.

How about, say, a steering wheel, accelerator and brake-only model? I suppose a speedometer might be useful, as well as a fuel gauge.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2020

No, it's not for transportation. It's for prestige.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

I tend to believe that even in the post pandemic USA such a vulgar display of excessive wealth will be met with a frown or two. Only speculating, of course.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Fisher Price?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2020 edited

Federal 59. Just the thing to listen to the "A&P Gypsies" on.

Cullinan curb weight (net) = 6069 lbs. Just over 3 tons.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Good times. All those masons who worked so hard in the radio factories had to file for unemployment once the transistor was discovered and they were no longer needed.
    Freemasons still exist today.

The same will happen to programmers once the DNN psychologists take over.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

What did in the TRF radios of the 1920s was the superheterodyne--and AC line-powered DC supplies. It was only a couple of years between that Federal and the two-knob superhets with AVC that followed. A superhet is more complex electronically, but when adjusted, needs no fiddling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: AsterixHow about, say, a steering wheel, accelerator and brake-only model? I suppose a speedometer might be useful, as well as a fuel gauge.

•  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

Cute. A cockroach with wheels. You will be soo rich! *snicker*
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The original model had no fuel gauge, but rather a reserve tank you could switch in. I don't know if it had a speedometer.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2020 edited

We had two of them in our household. One was dark green, the other bright orange. They both smelled the same.

The brake/climate control interface assembly always reminded me of a broiled chicken. The rubbery cover even had a goosebumpy texture.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Now that is truly disgusting.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der

And that is only the deboned skin without the neck and the wings.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

Posted By: AngusThe original model had no fuel gauge, but rather a reserve tank you could switch in. I don't know if it had a speedometer.

One of my friends had one of the early ones. He fashioned a dipstick to check the fuel. IIRC, it did have a speedometer; probably required by law.