Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

From Nature Acid bath offers easy path to stem cells

One of the most surprising findings is that the STAP cells can also form placental tissue, something that neither iPS cells nor embryonic stem cells can do. That could make cloning dramatically easier, says Wakayama. Currently, cloning requires extraction of unfertilized eggs, transfer of a donor nucleus into the egg, in vitro cultivation of an embryo and then transfer of the embryo to a surrogate. If STAP cells can create their own placenta, they could be transferred directly to the surrogate. Wakayama is cautious, however, saying that the idea is currently at “dream stage”.

I think Obokata should be cloned at least a few dozen times herself.
    I find Wakayama an unfortunate name in a field such as this. YMMV.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

I wonder if STAP cells from aborted foetuses could be saved in case the potential mother changes her mind?
    • CommentAuthorjoshs

Posted By: TrimI wonder if STAP cells from aborted foetuses could be saved in case the potential mother changes her mind?
    Your fantasies of cloning Julie Christie by finding an old TRS-80 and voice overs by Robert Vaughn are doomed to failure.
    Heheh!
    • CommentAuthorLakes

Ha! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Posted By: joshs
    Posted By: TrimI wonder if STAP cells from aborted foetuses could be saved in case the potential mother changes her mind?
    Your fantasies of cloning Julie Christie by finding an old TRS-80 and voice overs by Robert Vaughn are doomed to failure.

My fantasies of cloning beautiful women are of a pure scientific nature.

How else are we going to get blokes to colonise space?
    You make a good point. Imagine going to a remote base that
    a) was home to a few dozen of your ex-girlfriends
    b) wasn't.

You have to pick a) or b)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Cumfort clones.
    Yuk
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Posted By: TrimMy fantasies of cloning beautiful women are of a pure scientific nature.

If you clone a beautiful woman, you will end up with a beautiful baby....just saying
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Or possibly an ugly duckling.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Highly unlikely ducks and women are not closely related Angus, I know biology isn't your field but...
    Posted By: BigOilRep
    Posted By: TrimMy fantasies of cloning beautiful women are of a pure scientific nature.

If you clone a beautiful woman, you will end up with a beautiful baby....just saying

Why clone when you can build.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim

Flesh and blood or metal and plastic?

Using an advance 3D printer and some stem cells, it should be possible in the fairly near future to build a working uterus and blood vessels to keep it viable (they have already printed a working bladder) with artificial blood or blood marrow as well as the necessary nutriments it could in theory turn a SLAP (cell) into a baby so maybe my Roo-Bots won't be needed for interstellar colonisation.
    That makes me hopping mad
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

You're late. Trim has been mad for years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

True, not quite as long as you though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTrim
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2016

• CommentAuthorLakes
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2016

Mint sauce anyone?