Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yes, indeed it does.

Visualising 4D curvature was never one of my strong points. Even spatial 3D I find nigh on impossible. Your thesis seems to be based on "depth" of the metric distortion, which I suppose is a direct analog for potential energy. But I have no physical intuition of the geometry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3rNm3QSVU

Throw an encyclopaedia onto a fire. What comes out is a thermalised (i.e. randomised) version. In what sense, then, can we say that information is conserved?
    • CommentAuthortinker
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2014

Just because you can't read it....
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Andrew Palfreymanhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3rNm3QSVU

Throw an encyclopaedia onto a fire. What comes out is a thermalised (i.e. randomised) version. In what sense, then, can we say that information is conserved?

Who said there was information in there to begin with?
    You lot are hopeless. I shall resume tidying up my daughter's room with my daughter. This is a multi-week project, as one might imagine.
    • CommentAuthorloreman

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanYou lot are hopeless. I shall resume tidying up my daughter's room with my daughter. This is a multi-week project, as one might imagine.

We use a broom to tidy at our place. It's quieter.
    Big G, quantally

Is there a clue hidden within the fact that we can't get agreement on the value?
    wtf?
    One of eight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2014

Good talk. The Perimeter Institute is developing quite nicely. Thank you Blackberry.
    Another PI chat. Seth Lloyd on time travel
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCQ_3qE6SmQ
    Here's a whacky thought - imagine we discover a mode of communication that is all but instantaneous; the main point being that it blows away the speed of light barrier. OK. So physics gets into a tizzy and so forth, but, apart from improving gamer and telerobotics latency (like Mars rovers), what kind of really useful devices would it enable? Does it lead inevitably to overunity?
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanHere's a whacky thought - imagine we discover a mode of communication that is all but instantaneous; the main point being that it blows away the speed of light barrier. OK. So physics gets into a tizzy and so forth, but, apart from improving gamer and telerobotics latency (like Mars rovers), what kind of really useful devices would it enable? Does it lead inevitably to overunity?

High-frequency stock traders would kill for such a device.
    But they would all have the same device. In any case, the behaviour of what essentially amounts to a horde of parasites upon society is not top of my interest list.

I'm interested in what truly useful devices could result.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraber0der
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2014

Real time telepresence would be nice. Mars rovers and killer drones could be operated more effectively. Teleconferencing could find more applications. Solar observation and CME forecasts would improve.