Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I just found out that my dog is nuts about cheese pizza
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2014

Why would you think a dog wouldn't be nuts about cheese pizza??
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

What dog have you got, by the way?
    A labradoodle = golden lab and king poodle mix
    • CommentAuthorBigOilRep

Never met a bad natured labradoodle - always very playful and friendly.

I've got a whippet - very lazy and cuddly. When you can get em moving, they are poetry in motion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskeptical

@BOR

We've got greyhounds (ex racers) and they are the same. A bit big to sit in you lap but they try; and an amazing sight when in full motion - about 10 minutes / day.
    Why does Gracie, my labradoodle bitch, like having her butt slapped? Surrogate sex?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanWhy does Gracie, my labradoodle bitch, like having her butt slapped? Surrogate sex?

How do you know this? Perhaps you are just an abuser.
    Cheese Pizza and Butt-Slapping. Your dog.

OK....
    The dog is a damn pervert, I tellya
    Nah, it's probably just that part of the back that the dog can't reach by scratching or nibbling. Our big dog Murphy is the same way. Scratch the base of his tail or slap him gently in the small of the back and he'll be your friend forever.
    Right now it's daily burr duty. The little buggers get to places other burrs cannot reach, or get lodged up inside the paws. It's a good thing she trusts me, because although I try to make it as painless as possible, I know it's a bit tough for her to have them extracted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskeptical
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

A new greyhound in the house (our previous died in April). We picked her up last Sunday. She's an ex-racer but also been through the "Greyhounds Behind Bars" program - prisoners teaching greyhounds to be pets.

So this week it has been...

Lesson 1: The big bed is not yours. Yours is much smaller, closer to the floor and not as comfortable.

Lesson 2: You are not allowed to pull a raincoat off the coat-hook and chew a hole in the pocket. Even if someone has left a dog treat in it.
    I'm not good on punishment; I don't know how to minimise pain while maximising effectiveness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Posted By: Andrew PalfreymanI'm not good on punishment; I don't know how to minimise pain while maximising effectiveness.

The problem may be that you don't quite get the concept.
    What on earth are you blithering on about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

The concept of punishment, which is to inflict pain for the purposes of training, or perhaps conditioning is a better word. Users of this technique do not generally find it profitable to worry about the exact level of pain involved. Not my cup of tea, but it seems to be favoured by some.
    You said something just then, but I really don't know what it was. My personal agenda re. punishment with pets is (to repeat) to maximise effectiveness and minimise pain to the pet
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Ahhh.. never mind. Not important enough even for moletrap.
    People here with pets may have figured this out. I am not au fait with dog training techniques