Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2020

Nanogenerator harvests energy from falling snow

I suspect that the energy yield depends on the type of snow. The wet stuff we get here when the temperature is hovering right around freezing would probably not be right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It is very strange snow.
    Their snow-based triboelectric nanogenerator (TENG) uses the fact that falling snow is positively charged and seeks to give up electrons 
    • CommentAuthorAsterix

How else do you get to be positively charged? I don't know about the "seeks to" stuff, however.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

I guess that's just ambiguous. I took it to be trying to say that the positively charged snow tends to give up electrons.
    I look forward to the anthropomorphism of the quark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Then I can begin my career as a psychiatrist for quarks. I'm sure they have many issues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

Quacks for quarks ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2020

Do the Inuits have a unique name for that snow?
    I believe that's the wrong plural.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Poqquisiarq
    A few days ago I re-watched "Smilla's Sense of Snow" which as a movie was not as good as the novel but was still pretty good anyhow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Agreed.
    We Found a Way to Generate Energy From Nothing But Air!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy7o78CrB-U
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2020

Oh noes!!! Not another revolutionary energy idea that's going to be applied to the critical human need for a self charging cellphone battery!!
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2020

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2020

Read that in Nature a week or two ago. It's a surprisingly nice idea.
    If you have to enslave a living creature, a bacterium probably suffers the least harm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2020

Posted By: AngusIf you have to enslave a living creature, a bacterium probably suffers the least harm.
    Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. - Matthew 25:40
    Posted By: AngusGermany does hydrogen
    That's as fucked up as shelving nuclear. Some sort of spring is broken in the German energy machine mechanism. They have gone haywire.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2020

Nah, they'll ship lignite to the Czech Republic for burning and buy the power to extract hydrogen from them. Problem solved.