Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2019

•  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2019

We're so glad we had this time together...

Tim Conway, who made generations of Americans laugh on TV shows such as "McHale's Navy" and "The Carol Burnett Show," died Tuesday morning, his publicist said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2019

Stanton Terry Friedman (July 29, 1934 – May 13, 2019) was a nuclear physicist and professional ufologist who resided in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. He was the original civilian investigator of the Roswell incident. He worked on research and development projects for several large companies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanton_T._Friedman
    All this dying stuff has got to stop! But if you have to go, simply dropping dead at the airport seems like a pretty good way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Depends on the reason for it.
    I hope we can rule out an assassination plot, executed by the MiBs of Underearth Alpha Three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2019 edited

I'd prefer not to die of apoplexy watching the TSA sort through my underwear while a thousand irate passengers wait behind me.

Especially if I'm wearing it.
    Stan was a stout fellow. He ruffled feathers with ease, grace and intelligence.
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2019 edited

Yeah, he was one of my favourite kooks for a long time. It's hard to take such a subject seriously but he did a pretty good job of it.

If you've got to go, dropping dead of apoplexy in a TSA queue has got to be better than, say, having Parkinson's or Alzheimer's for a few years before your trembling drooling corpse finally realizes it's dead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Oh sure. There are worse ways to go than X where X is any way to go you can think of.
    This implies that there is no worst way to go.

*phew*
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

It's a circle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDuracell

The worst way to go is a circle? I knew it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus

Actually no. The real horrendous meaning was that you are not capable of thinking of the worst way to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgoatcheez
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2019

I M Pei, Louvre pyramid architect, dies aged 102 https://www.bbc.com/news/world-48303529
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2019

Herman Wouk, he of "The Caine Mutiny", aged 103
    Posted By: goatcheezI M Pei, Louvre pyramid architect, dies aged 102https://www.bbc.com/news/world-48303529
    I rather like that building. Last time I was there was for the Dali exhibition of most of his work.
    • CommentAuthorAsterix
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2019

Meh, I'd hate for the 20th century be known only for glass and steel buildings.
    Yah. What about Twiggy?