Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsniffle
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

Tesl01D: Please explain to me again why they have to "prove" anything before they mass produce their world changing magic motor? This Dyson dude didn't have to prove the concept of his cleaner in a shady public demo, it kinda spoke for itself, and behold, people buy it.
    • CommentAuthorcwatters
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

Steorn will claim that free energy machines aren't patentable so building an ipod that doesn't need charging would lead to the technology being ripped off.
    If there were any Earth shattering Technologhy shown in that plastic demo it would be ripped by now.
    What do we have :
    12 magnets 8 torroidal coils two bobin coils a reed switch no springs space for three tiny circuit boards oh and a battery .
    No as yet visible place to extract energy either mechanicaly or electricaly.
    It apparently needs regular back room attemtion just to keep operating . Sixteenth century clock makers built better mechanisms that are still running today .
    I do not see any unballanced forces on those bearings beyond what the tolerance of the magnets will cause.
    I would expect that they could use the fancy hall probe and select matched sets of magnets if there was really a need.
    Posted By: Terry LingleIf there were any Earth shattering Technologhy shown in that plastic demo it would be ripped by now.
    What do we have :
    12 magnets 8 torroidal coils two bobin coils a reed switch no springs space for three tiny circuit boards oh and a battery .
    No as yet visible place to extract energy either mechanicaly or electricaly.
    It apparently needs regular back room attemtion just to keep operating . Sixteenth century clock makers built better mechanisms that are still running today .
    I do not see any unballanced forces on those bearings beyond what the tolerance of the magnets will cause.
    I would expect that they could use the fancy hall probe and select matched sets of magnets if there was really a need.

Don't forget the concealed components in the concealed component compartment. They are concealed so nobody will talk about them, it seems. But you can see them well enough to know that they are there, in the photos of the apparatus.
    Reference please I see nothing except the blob in the "diode" compartment beside the battery which I take to be the undisclosed electroncs driving those coils I only have dial up or satalite available as choices here and I don't need the hassle of a salite so I don't bother with the streams .
    •  
      CommentAuthoralsetalokin
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

Posted By: Terry LingleReference please I see nothing except the blob in the "diode" compartment beside the battery which I take to be the undisclosed electroncs driving those coils I only have dial up or satalite available as choices here and I don't need the hassle of a salite so I don't bother with the streams .

You are just going to have to either bite the bullet and download the pix that have been linked many times already, or spend some time reading up on the back posts.
    The "blob" in the diode compartment has been identified as a (ETA: generic) SurfaceMountDevice adapter circuit board,with a 6-pin device mounted to it, with 2 of its pads contacted by the two red wires. All other mounting positions on the generic adapter are unpopulated. The device itself is unknown but presumably a Schottky diode of the type used in PWM DC motor controllers of the "brushless" type.
    The good pix of the display base (here using the terminology from the downloaded .pdf file with the exploded assembly diagram of the device) show indistinct but definitely present shapes in the large well in the plastic, over which the main assembly is mounted. Wires go from the toroidal coil pairs through the triangular brackets and down through round holes in the base (part 1) down to the well and components in the display base (part 26.) The battery wires also go into this area.