Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

The doctor can express it.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014

Which doctor?
    Witch doctor.
    • CommentAuthorloreman
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014

Shaman you.
    Voodoo you do?
    "Xenology" is not a field conducive to philosophical rigor.
    --David Brin
    "Everything got something wrong with it".

--one shopper to another, overheard in a natural foods market the other day

This soon to be meme of the moment has become my mantra.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014

I question Shaw's premise. What is there about reason that forces one to accept the world as is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpcstru
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014 edited

Posted By: AngusI question Shaw's premise. What is there about reason that forces one to accept the world as is?

It is the path requiring least energy, a geodesic through life. If it's good enough for photons, it should be good enough for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014 edited

Well, that is just patently wrong. It is clearly easier to invent a bicycle than to walk, from an energetic standpoint.
    Oh so quote-worthy this from Angus in another thread:

Ever so slightly less risibly impractical?

lol
    ...and so Moletrappian
    "Don't worry; I'll be back down in a minute" -- Jesus Christ
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2014

The Homosexual Lobby is pushing to have pedophilia reclassified as a Sexual Orientation as soon as possible.

Legislation that protects "Sexual Orientations" de facto leaves the door open for Pedophilia's elevation to a "protected class" if/when it is reclassified.

Because of this, Public Advocate is working now to secure pledges from Candidates for Election that they will oppose this looming threat.

Either a candidate supports privileged "anti-discrimination" rights based on "sexual orientations" or they do not. Candidates who support special homosexual rights this year will almost certainly support those same rights for pedophiles in the coming future.

http://www.publicadvocateusa.org/news/article.php?article=9763

(The organization is designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.)
    •  
      CommentAuthoroak
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014 edited

If you eliminate what is observed to be the properties of the real universe then absolutely anything might result, so speculation is useless. It is spitting in the ocean. It is a violation of Enginerd's Dictum (Almost Nothing is Possible). You are transiting into a conceptual minefield where Absolutely Anything is Possible, and it's no fun. Without constraints there is no Art.
    ~ Angus -- November 2014

But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

Their liberty is not liberal. Their science is presumptuous ignorance. Their humanity is savage and brutal.
    ~ Edmund Burke
    (from "Reflections on the Revolution in France", 1790.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

Nice parallel. I think.
    I bought a box of neutrinos yesterday. I was hoodwinked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAngus
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2014

Did they escape? Could you tell?
    Damn box was empty when I got it home. Lighter, too.
    Next time, I buy them in solid form.

Superfluid is the best you can get
    I only answer to two people, myself and God.

M. C. Escher